Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Premium Member
14,286 Posts
Most of mine are Sandisk. Never had an issue with them but had a card of a different brand (Kingston?) that quit working on me a while back.

Some cameras have a problem recording to cards that have big capacity. 8 and 16Gb cards seem to be the sweet spot for my cameras.
I use SanDisk myself for my trail cameras and DSL. Let me ask you this. I use mostly 32Gb for both. Trail cams do either video or pic and video. What issues did you find with the larger memories ? My trail cameras are Moultrie 99i. Which are older of course.

Thanks!

· Registered
5,425 Posts
I use SanDisk myself for my trail cameras and DSL. Let me ask you this. I use mostly 32Gb for both. Trail cams do either video or pic and video. What issues did you find with the larger memories ? My trail cameras are Moultrie 99i. Which are older of course.

Thanks!
I have a couple older Moultrie cams, not sure what model. They won't record images to 64Gb cards. Or maybe it was 128Gb, can't remember.

· Registered
5,425 Posts
32Gb must still be in the useful range. Good to know.
I usually keep a couple fresh 8Gb cards as extras. A couple years ago, one of my hunting buddies needed cards for some new cameras and bummed some new in package ones from me with the promise of replacing them the following week. Low and behold, he gave me some brand new big capacity cards thinking he was doing me a favor. But they don't work in my trail cameras. Luckily they work in other electronics.

· Registered
1,607 Posts
I format my cards everytime I review/ move the pictures to hard drive storage. Often times you will get card is full error even though you deleted it clean, formatting will empty all ghost photos from memory. Good luck

· Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I format my cards everytime I review/ move the pictures to hard drive storage. Often times you will get card is full error even though you deleted it clean, formatting will empty all ghost photos from memory. Good luck
I was told to format but nobody I know knows how I guess my friends are stupid like me when it comes to electronic stuff

· Premium Member
8,265 Posts
Put your card in your camera and turn it on
Go to the menu button and scroll using the up or down button until you reach format, or delete all
Click ok and all of the pictures will be erased, that is called formatting.
If this doesn't help send me a pm with your camera make and model and I'll look into things....don

· Super Moderator
8,055 Posts
I was told to format but nobody I know knows how I guess my friends are stupid like me when it comes to electronic stuff

Use the menu to navigate to where you setup the camera settings. There should be an option that says SD card management. There should be an option for formatting the disc.

Select format. Confirm (y) yes that you want to erase the entire contents of the disc.

· Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Put your card in your camera and turn it on
Go to the menu button and scroll using the up or down button until you reach format, or delete all
Click ok and all of the pictures will be erased, that is called formatting.
If this doesn't help send me a pm with your camera make and model and I'll look into things....don
Thanks

· Registered
1,607 Posts
I have much better success formating in my pc/laptop. For some reason my camera/s and moultrie external card reader does not wipe it baby butt clean. I have yet to have a bad card in too many years to count. All SanDisk cards

Reactions: Fish Hook and y2ba
1 - 20 of 52 Posts