Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that does it for another year of Fish'n.

Had possibly one of the best years I've ever had. I can owe alot of that from the Message Boards I have pilfered info from, on everything from Stripers to Bluegill. Thanks to all of you.

One of the best memories I have is letting my Wife and her friend take my boat out for the day, alone, while I watched the kids.

I was worried they where going to figure out someway to sink it. I was really conserned when they called to ask, "Witch boat is it agian?"

Not only did they not sink it, they brought me a cooler of fish home

Memorial Day up at Bear Mt. with the family and friends. My 4 year old daughter hooked and landed her first keeper Bass, a 3 pound beauty. She still brags about the day her fish was bigger then dads.

The countless sunrises and sunsets, the endless panoramic pictures I have trapped in my head (hopefully forever). The countless learning moments. The friends I have made and the ones that have always been there. This WAS a great year.

See ya on the hard water next year.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Crash, good luck on the ice this year and stop in and check out my web site from time to time. We are running Ice adventures this winter for big lake Michigan Pike. I may even shoot a video of a Pike striking a big sucker. We are going to set up a big hut with a spearing size hole and watch the pike come in and take the bait. GOing to use 12" and bigger suckers for bait. It will be a rush. I got all the 2000 pics at my site now stop in and sign my guest books see ya . Kingfisher http://www.homestead.com/Kingfisherguides/Kingfisherguides.html

·
Registered
27 Posts
2000 was a great year. Started the year off with a brand new Lund. 1st fish in it was a Musky. What a way to start the year!! My boys (7 and 9) caught about 400 bass and pike between the 2 of them. 7 yr old will be a pro someday. He crushes all of us. My best bass day was 30 bass in 2hr on topwater. I bet i missed another 10 to 20. My boys caught their 1st musky this summer also. Low point of the year was musky fishing with my friend and 2 boys. My youngest stuck a Crane crankbait into my friend back. ouch. Goals for next year:

1. Fish at least 3 times a week.
2. Fish Lake Hudson more.
3. Fish Thornapple at least once.
4. Fish Bankson at least once.
5. Carp fish with my boys at least once. (It is a blast)
6. Carp Spear at least once.
7. Catch a musky on my homemade Hudson Hoginators (Kingfisher you will be hearing more from me about this)
8. Try to not let my 7yr old catch more fish than me.

Have a geat holiday season. TIM

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, 2000 was a great year. It marked the return for me to the world of LMB fishing, which I had left for a few years, due to starting a career and raising my kids.

My oldest is fastly becoming my fishing partner. He is 10.

Some big fish this year. My biggest a shade under 5 lbs..my son, a 4.5 lb. his biggestof his young angling life.

I experimented with lots of things, mostly lightweight jigs, and am close to a solid design. WIll perfect it next season. Best day...13 bass in an hour on a tube, Early August on a beautiful Saturday morning.

Everyone......have a great holiday season. Cant wait for ice-out

------------------
Dont fish where they ain't.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts