Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Fountain area and picked up 3 and then headed to the Sand Piles and that produced nothing. Then it was time to swing over to the other side of the Peche Island. Picked up two more over there for a Michigan limit.

A small group of boats working the area by the Cormorant Hilton and up into the lake. I went down river and worked along the Peche Island bank.

The fish weighed in at 6 lb and 13 oz on my Berkley hand held digital scale. Fire-tiger patter spoon on the 30 foot leader at approx 9:35 am in 31 feet of water. Speaking of water it has been fairly clean these last couple of days.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It was a lot of fun to pull it in. Going on a camping trip this coming weekend and I wanted one larger fish to make some "bacon roll-ups" for the surf and turf dinner. The "gods of the river" smiled and gave up a perfect fish for me.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Good going Alex!! I ended up with 2, plus a zillion silver bass, and smallmouth. Then the moss to contend with in close.:rant: Was a beautiful morning out there.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
alex-v said:
Fished the Fountain area and picked up 3 and then headed to the Sand Piles and that produced nothing. Then it was time to swing over to the other side of the Peche Island. Picked up two more over there for a Michigan limit.

A small group of boats working the area by the Cormorant Hilton and up into the lake. I went down river and worked along the Peche Island bank.

The fish weighed in at 6 lb and 13 oz on my Berkley hand held digital scale. Fire-tiger patter spoon on the 30 foot leader at approx 9:35 am in 31 feet of water. Speaking of water it has been fairly clean these last couple of days.
Nice fish Alex. Seems we always get the big fish a week after the club derby. Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts