Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Meldrum Road tues and weds

654 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Connor4501
Sorry about being late to post tuesdays results....I was busy cleaning fish and crashing out....
The good news is that everybody killed them on the fresher ice at Meldrum Road tuesday. I left at 2 pm with about 40.....I talked to one guy today who got there at 4 pm and said he filled his bucket by 8 pm and they were still biting. I missed lots of nice fish that I could'nt get to bite, and did'nt want to throw the spear and chase away the school. I force fed a couple that came in alone though. The other good news is that nobody knew about it so the whole world did'nt go out there today....cause the bad news is that they were not there today (wednesday) in any way, shape or form anyhow. The water is a bit dirtier, there is a current, and only a few 6 inch fish were seen. I fished from 1 till 5 and only saw 5 non keepers the entire time and was fishing the same hole as wednesday. Blame it on the wind I guess.....
It was nice to fish without quads and sleds blowing by and chasing the fish away for a change.....
:D
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
The north side of Anchor Bay.
Same story Thursday morning. Very few coming thru... The ones that did come in were aggressive...
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.