Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big cats are on the feed. Spent the day being towed up and down the saginaw river fighting some huge flatheads. Caught and released 12 overall. Most in the 30# range and 2 all of 40#. Targeted deep channel holes with regular walleye tackle. What a workout. Go get some.;)

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
Please keep them up in Bay City.:yikes: Would like to waste my time on Gators.:yeahthat:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please keep them up in Bay City.:yikes: Would like to waste my time on Gators.:yeahthat:
Good luck with that! They are throughout the system.

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
Good luck with that! They are throughout the system.
But I said "please". Doesn't that count for something?:p When my brother catches them he just cuts his line and I laugh at him. He does not like touching them at all. :lol:

·
Premium Member
29,968 Posts
Nice goin Nick. You'll have to get some pics out of the water of those beasts. A 40 is huge, never saw one that big yet from the Saginaw. I know there's got to be some huge ones though. Really fun to catch for sure.:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Love catfish steaks rolled in corn meal and flour, little salt,black pepper. Then some Frank's hot sauce, with hush puppies and coleslaw

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Save some for Eagle Eyes, would love to see his Zebco/Snoopy combo tie into one of those Flatheads!

Reactions: Twodogs84

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice goin Nick. You'll have to get some pics out of the water of those beasts. A 40 is huge, never saw one that big yet from the Saginaw. I know there's got to be some huge ones though. Really fun to catch for sure.:)
I fished alone yesterday so out of the water pics were out of the question. Keep trying Ralph, they are down there.

Reactions: Ralph Smith

·
Premium Member
29,968 Posts
I fished alone yesterday so out of the water pics were out of the question. Keep trying Ralph, they are down there.
I should have looked for you. Heard you were on the river from a little birdie sitting smith park...lol. I never target them, but have to some time.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I should have looked for you. Heard you were on the river from a little birdie sitting smith park...lol. I never target them, but have to some time.
Thats odd! Lmao. Little birdie saw my truck at another launch then flew to smith to tell you about it. That narrows it down. ;)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts