Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to work today, I listened to the radio as the news covered the flack about taking a stand against 'same-sex marriages', then the uproar in Haiti, the condition of the stock market, States finally seeing the light as more and more jobs head out of the counrty, and on and on.

I doubt I am alone, but I'm thankful for the opportunity to associate with a community of like-minded bow benders who appreciate the quiet, calming effect of woods, fields and water. I suspect others also find release from the daily grind and the resultant tension by stringing a bow, grabbing a hand full of arrows and heading out back to 'unload'.

Any more, about the only medicine from all the political hub-bub, the trash on or in the media, the turmoil within the world as well as here in the great US, and the tension that more and more productivity requirements bring is my time with my bow and a quiver of arrows and the quiet of shooting out back in the woods.

It is,however, medicine that is easy to swallow!

Just in a thinkin' mood this morning.

God bless, Arch

·
Registered
129 Posts
Kind of funny you bring this up this morning Gary as I'm in about the same frame of mind. As a matter of fact, I just let my boss know I'd like to leave early today. I'm going to grab a quiver full and head out to fling a couple hundred arrows at something. Ease the mind...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I was in much the same mood this morning.

I watched the clips of Bush yesterday in his press conference where he suggested the constitutional amendment to limit marriage to one man and one woman. I was pretty happy to see him take a stand like this. Yet …

It seems as though the whole notion of a traditional two parent family with a MOM and DAD who are fully committed to each other is just one of the ideals of our society that is absolutely under siege at a rate and tempo almost unprecedented, all in the name of personal liberty and freedom. Our “freedom” as a society has to rely on more than just constitutional and legislative restraints. The underlying strength of any society has to be the moral fiber of it’s people. Sure seems to me it is unraveling – fast.

While I also enjoy the times when I slip into the flight of an arrow, in the back of my mind, I can’t help but feel we’re in trouble here. Big trouble … We’ve lost our bearings and there no longer seems to be any moral or spiritual boundaries.

And yet, I know, it’s not too late and ultimately there is a God who is in control of all things … just a little more rambling for a Weds morning.

:p

·
Registered
304 Posts
Been laid off for a while now so I visit this site 2-3 times a day. I have my popitical views but the main thing that sticks out in my mine is that a man cannot make an honest living with just hard work. It seems to me that the to become rich these days is to put the screws to somebody. If that is the only way, I would rather something is wrong. But no matter what happen I wouldn't live any place than the U.S.A. we still have it preety good compared to the rest of the world. Just my $02

·
Registered
664 Posts
I agree with alot of what you guys have said. But you have to remember where the news comes from and the strong bias they have for certain issues. Nothing gets me more fired up than someone with deep pockets who stuffs their agenda down the throats of the majority.
If more people took the time to vote and speak up it would be better. Look at the Democratic race when it started. The media wasnt even close with their polling on who was going to win. The voters turned the tides more than once.
Ultimately God is in control of everything. We need to put our faith in him and fight the good fight.
Shooting my bow and arrows is some of the best time I can spend. It lets me slow down and think things out and be more productive and energized for the things that head my way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts