Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who uses mechanical tips for bowfishing. I've been shooting with barbed tips for years and was thinking about trying out some mechanicals this weekend. I was just looking for some info and reviews.. Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
This year AMS came out with the ankor series. This one is the Ankor QT which release with turning the shaft the other releases when you turn the tip. Love the arrow much better than the old stingray.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've shot most every point out there up until this year, and I keep going back to muzzys and sure shots. I haven't been impressed with much else, most from new company's seem to be chincy and will break without making it through a hard night of shooting. Only thing worth it's salt with 4 barbs I've seen is a gene davis.

·
Registered
6 Posts
im shooting the muzzy alcatraz 3 barb grapple now havent had any issues yet they hold the fish well just be carful shooting into the reeds they can be a bitch to get out

·
Registered
112 Posts
Pass through has a lot more to do with poundage and how sharp your tip is honestly. I do second the reeds thing, however if you get the QT and can reach the shaft just turn it and it will come right out. The other Ankor might be better for turnys I have had fish spin the arrow right out. But I like the Ankor cuz I can go most of the night with out touching a fish lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts