Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
If he really cared he would be staying. Like he can't live on the millions he was making in Detroit.

Posts like this are so silly. He received 66 million more from the nats. Would any of us leave 66 million on the table? I didn't think so.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Posts like this are so silly. He received 66 million more from the nats. Would any of us leave 66 million on the table? I didn't think so.
If there was any team loyalty I think I could get by on the 140 mil or what ever it was that he turned down from the Tigers but I guess that doesn't mean anything in pro sports.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
If there was any team loyalty I think I could get by on the 140 mil or what ever it was that he turned down from the Tigers but I guess that doesn't mean anything in pro sports.
66 million! There is no team loyalty that would stop me from providing generations of financial independence for my family. These are decisions very few of us can comprehend, let alone comment on. He made the right choice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
66 million! There is no team loyalty that would stop me from providing generations of financial independence for my family. These are decisions very few of us can comprehend, let alone comment on. He made the right choice.

Amen.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
If he really cared he would be staying. Like he can't live on the millions he was making in Detroit.
He would send me a C-Note!!!! Keep the Ad.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Would there be team loyalty if he had gotten hurt last year and needed tommy johns? Yeah, the Tigers would have still offered him the $144,000,000 out of loyalty and appreciation.

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,190 Posts
I know me and my family couldn't make it on only 140 million, now 200+ million? Whew! That makes all the difference... :rolleyes:

I still think Al Kaline had the right idea about the money they wanted to pay him.....

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I know me and my family couldn't make it on only 140 million, now 200+ million? Whew! That makes all the difference... :rolleyes:

I still think Al Kaline had the right idea about the money they wanted to pay him.....
I'd be a whitesox fan for 66 million.
My loyalty to a baseball team is not worth that kind of cash.

·
Banned
11,515 Posts

I think you and me are the only ones on here that realize Kaline turned down a raise because he didn't think he was worth it! I think he was though. I wore his number in my fastpitch days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts