Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
That looks like the old salmon snagging days on the manistee river in Michigan. How can a walleye even swim through that gauntlet without getting hooked? That's crazy! (Cool video)

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Wow is that LOW water....I have seen it low...but never like that. Summer maybe.

I grew up fishing that river...lived 10 miles from there. Started fishing it in 75. I would have a hard time telling you how many fish I took out of there.

Man...that is a lot of guys....a lot !! Too many IMO. But...I have seen lines like that.

I bet the eyes were and still are north of the Maumee/Pburg bridge though :) Everyone thinks...they know but...they have no clue where to look.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks like the old salmon snagging days on the manistee river in Michigan. How can a walleye even swim through that gauntlet without getting hooked? That's crazy! (Cool video)

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Wow is that LOW water....I have seen it low...but never like that. Summer maybe.

I grew up fishing that river...lived 10 miles from there. Started fishing it in 75. I would have a hard time telling you how many fish I took out of there.

Man...that is a lot of guys....a lot !! Too many IMO. But...I have seen lines like that.

I bet the eyes were and still are north of the Maumee/Pburg bridge though :) Everyone thinks...they know but...they have no clue where to look.
Thanks guys. It's quite the spectacle down there. Glad you enjoyed the video.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Thanks guys. It's quite the spectacle down there. Glad you enjoyed the video.
Yes and thank you !! Memories. !!
I would like to see the area below the Maumee bridge if you have time and a little north of where you let off at the island near the Horse barns. I loved it. Again thank you.

One spot you showed north of Buttonwood and west of the horse barn I caught my largest eye to date. 13 32 inch I was young and kept it...but it was a hog. The water was high and I was backed up to the willows.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Does this one have what your looking for?

Maumee River Aerial View
Yes, however not everything. Ewing island the south end and the area south to the bridge would some nice area. That island used...and may still be loaded with deer.

Thank for all you are doing " I " find it rewarding to view it all !! Well done.

If you are ever in need of areas to fly and take footage....let me know. I can point you in lot of directions.

OAC

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Does this one have what your looking for?

Maumee River Aerial View
By the Way...just watched some of you other fishing videos. You hit a few of the areas I used to fish ;) ! Well done. Saw your boat and it shows you are out of Ohio...I still service parts of Toledo so I am in Ohio too :).

Great footage !!! Keep up the good work.

Devils lake, Wamplers, Round lake :) I too never had luck on that lake. You might try Iron or Wolf lake though.

Again...I am interested in seeing areas you have access too. How far do you like to travel ??

Brian

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the Way...just watched some of you other fishing videos. You hit a few of the areas I used to fish ;) ! Well done. Saw your boat and it shows you are out of Ohio...I still service parts of Toledo so I am in Ohio too :).

Great footage !!! Keep up the good work.

Devils lake, Wamplers, Round lake :) I too never had luck on that lake. You might try Iron or Wolf lake though.

Again...I am interested in seeing areas you have access too. How far do you like to travel ??

Brian
Brian, the drone is just a hobby. I don't fly it much, but thought a couple of the views might be worth a look. When I film doesn't always mean the fish will bite. lol Have lots of old reports from Wamplers and Devils that were pretty good. They are all archived on another message board. Jim is a good friend of mine from Wauseon and fish's with me quite a bit. Sometimes we take the video equipment, and sometimes we don't. Honestly it's a real pain in the rear dealing with it sometimes. I'll be in Traverse City, Charlevoix, Petoskey, Kalamazoo, Macomb, Pickney, Coldwater, and lot of other places this year. Have a trip planned to northeast Ohio in couple weeks, and some others. I really just enjoy fishing different lakes. Allen Lake part of Wolf lake? If so my partner Jim has that one on the page too. Appreciate all the kind words, and glad you enjoyed them. Those Maumee River videos were just from a walking trip I did with my wife. Popped the drone up quick and took it for fly and back to our walk.

Tight lines

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Brian, the drone is just a hobby. I don't fly it much, but thought a couple of the views might be worth a look. When I film doesn't always mean the fish will bite. lol Have lots of old reports from Wamplers and Devils that were pretty good. They are all archived on another message board. Jim is a good friend of mine from Wauseon and fish's with me quite a bit. Sometimes we take the video equipment, and sometimes we don't. Honestly it's a real pain in the rear dealing with it sometimes. I'll be in Traverse City, Charlevoix, Petoskey, Kalamazoo, Macomb, Pickney, Coldwater, and lot of other places this year. Have a trip planned to northeast Ohio in couple weeks, and some others. I really just enjoy fishing different lakes. Allen Lake part of Wolf lake? If so my partner Jim has that one on the page too. Appreciate all the kind words, and glad you enjoyed them. Those Maumee River videos were just from a walking trip I did with my wife. Popped the drone up quick and took it for fly and back to our walk.

Tight lines
Yes I saw you were from Maumee, on your profile. I also joined Rumble so I will discover their site too :). Northwest Ohio is a nice area there are some unique areas there as well. Gollwoods State park noted for its virgin oaks. But then you have Camp Pioneer.

Cold water huh...I grew up on that lake in the early 60's dad love it there...also on Marble lake we would camp at Cottonwood resort.

If you are heading up the west side of Michigan...check out Arcadia and Crystal lake too. Heck...there are tons of areas there...the dunes, the rivers the bays etc....

I am glad you did the Maumee...it certain caught my interest as well as a few others too.

Doing videos is work I am certain...heck some guys have a crew just for it. Yes, caught one of my largest pike on wolf lake off Allen I will have to check Jims page out.

On the Maumee...check out Weirs rapids also,. just up river from your video of the old bridge along the Towpath at Farnsworth ( Roche De Boeuf ). Might even catch sight of the eagles that live there ? I have seen them a few times.

Around the islands on Erie I saw your video. This another place I fished a lot. For perch try the north east corner of Kelly island go out the shoal and fish bowl. You might be surprised :) One time we were there no perch anywhere to be caught...we caught our limits out there and everyone was a chunker.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts

Tight lines
Wow you have a lot of videos. Well done too, great job.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Nice video. I used to go to school at Divine Word Seminary on the banks of the Maumee. Brought back a lot of fun memories.
I used to have "my spot". Cast, tap, tap, tap. Pause....hit. Retrieve. Always hot spot.
We (the Sem) use to charge $5 to park, and the students used to drive fishermen up and down the steep hill.
Guys would load up on tons of white bass and the ride up was appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.