Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my pollington scope onto my new outback and I had to shim the front of the scope mount out further then the rear to see the dot , is this normal? I never had to do it on my previous matthews bow. The issue I am having is shooting field tips I was grouping mine but now with broadheads(thunderheads) my preference and what I always shot, is grouping to the right about 3-4" and low and no matter what I did with the sight its not helping shot the same spot over and over.....is this a torque issue on my part or broadheads , tune of bow seems perfect. I plan to go back and shoot again and see what it does since I had shot for over a hour that day? I also plan to tune the broadhead blades to the fletchings for each arrow didnt have time last time out possibly help alittle.

·
Premium Member
17,594 Posts
Well, I hope the Mathews clan won't beat me up to bad, but it's possible that your risor is flexing just a bit at full draw and release. The Pollington can magnify even the smallest of flex in a risor. I'm not saying this is certainly the case, but it might be. It could be you torquing the bow a bit, but since you have shot this site before, you understand how easy it is to see bow/hand torque with this site.
I had a similar problem with my Elite, but it was not the risor. I mounted the sight, and a new quiver mount (Alpine soft lock) and started the set up and site in process. No Matter what adjustments I made, I shot right every time. Turns out, one of the screws (the short set as the quiver mount came with both long and short screws) was just a tad long, looked like it was machined or cut just a bit wrong. Anyway, that screw was actually guaging my risor and twisting/flexing my site mount a good bit. Some small rubber washers to offset my quiver mount, and my problem was solved!! I just happened to get frustrated and left the quiver mount off during one of my many mount adjustments and it shot great. One poorly machined screw was my problem.

Maybe you has a similar problem?

·
Registered
33 Posts
sounds like your right and left adjustment is over adjusted. try centering your right and left click adjustment, [two and one half turns out from bottomed] then you must get the scope nearly sighted in by shimming your scope. then you can use your right and left click adjustment to finish sighting in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If your field tips and broadheads don't hit the same spot your bow may be out of tune.
Give me the right to be wrong but the site is fine, and your riser is not the issue.
Look up some bow tuning methods. I prefer the walk back method.
My bow shoots field points and BH's just fine with any site
when its tuned properly.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like your right and left adjustment is over adjusted. try centering your right and left click adjustment, [two and one half turns out from bottomed] then you must get the scope nearly sighted in by shimming your scope. then you can use your right and left click adjustment to finish sighting in.
That was the problem , thanks everyone.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have been messing with mine for 2 months now i bet it's the same thing. it just isnt right on every time and when i installed it i had to go all the way to the right on the adjustment to hit the target. how do you adjust the mount to get the mount cetered without hitting the riser? i got tit mouted where rhe scope is almost touching the inside risor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been messing with mine for 2 months now i bet it's the same thing. it just isnt right on every time and when i installed it i had to go all the way to the right on the adjustment to hit the target. how do you adjust the mount to get the mount cetered without hitting the riser? i got tit mouted where rhe scope is almost touching the inside risor.
you can put a washer or two between the scope mount and scope ring arm to give you space to shim your mount right or left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.