cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ya think? Not for me .....

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of folks are saying this is one for the women and youth shooters ...... but I don't think my 12 yr old OR my wife will be getting a $1,000 bow any time soon. (Heck, MINE doesn't even cost that much!:evilsmile )

·
Registered
618 Posts
i'am sure some dad will buy it for there kid but i think the ladies will get more use out of it.
rick

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I'm pretty sure this bow was designed for their female pro shooters. Think about it...a speed rating of 322fps at 29" draw?! That's actually pretty impressive...what would be more impressive is a 30" draw that would put it at 330.

The cam looks like the typical apex style cam.

I don't know about some dad buying it for their kid. I think the mustang would be a more apropriate choice for that situation...even that seems kind of expensive unless you're for sure your kid is going to really enjoy shooting.

Truth be told, the Switchback will continue to ride the wave of hot sales through 2006 and most likely through 2007. This model is going to ride a large wave of longevity before it's discontinued.

The Apex7 with it's more manageable size and higher speed will actually sell near 6 fold what the conquest apex did last year if not at a higher rate. A lot of hunters will be going after this bow even with the high retail price.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Looks like they raided the left over parts bin from 1999, yet managed to throw on a 2002 cable guard and string suppresors. :evil:

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Wow....I'll take it! Looks like my next favorite hunting bow...can't wait to trade my Switchback for one, or get one from Mathews!!!

A 1/2" longer brace than the Black Max, faster than the Switchback and even my LX, just about the right length.

I was already probably going to order a Black Max...this just changed my mine.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
I bet you will love that Apex 7....enjoy!

yeah, you are right, I have short, stubby arms and I admit it! 27" hunting draw is perfect for me...27.5 for indoor, 28" for 3D.

Enjoy the Apex...are you shooting for Mathews now, haven't been paying attention on that end lately.

·
Banned
439 Posts
Brian will shoot any thing!!! when it comes in I want to see it. Almost got the Illusion paid off. just put a hog it on it last week. and my carbon fiber vibracheck. you'll have to shoot it. smooth shooter. no hand shock what so ever.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
How the heck can they call this a parallel limb bow? Did Webster change the meaning of parallel, or is Mathews stretching the truth again?

·
Registered
229 Posts
well this bow does not look like anything i want. it looks just like the black max 2 lol but hey its no Q2!:lol:

:bowdown: Mathews Solocam Catch us if you can!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Yeah I'll shoot anything. How many bows did you see me shoot during league this fall...3?

I got stuck between a rock and a hard place. Vinnie asked me, "I thought you'd be shooting some apex or something." Then I said, "shya, like that would happen."

Then I was approached that Tuesday. I sold out. What can I say.

You shooting Fremont this Sunday?

·
Registered
229 Posts
yeah i knew you would come to your sences!:lol: welcome to the Mathews family brother:corkysm55 I can still find it in my heart to take you in!

:bowdown: Mathews Solocam Catch us if you can!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts