Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for my birthday supper I was going to smoke a beef tenderloin. Marinated the tenderloin. Split up some mesquite. Cleaned the racks. Loaded it up and set it for 4 hours at 225. Wondered why after about 15 or 20 minutes I didn't see smoke. Went out and it said it was heating but temp was only at 90 degrees. I knew that couldn't be right. Even in the dead of winter I would have smoke in 20 minutes. Sure enough the heating element isn't getting hot. I fire up the gas grill and a smoke box on it to try to salvage my birthday dinner. I guess time will tell. I lost about an hour messing with it. I've got the loin on one side opposite the burner (one side is turned off.). I'm maintaining around 225.

So now what do I do to figure out why my smoker is messed up. The back of the smoker is all riveted on. Do i pull that off? Can you even get replacement parts?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
454 Posts
call masterbuilt...they have good customer service. Could be the control pad..I had trouble with mine and had to buy a new one. I was at fault for it going bad.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to email them with my SN and model number then see if they will do anything.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Good now that you learned your lesson upgrade to a uds.:lol: Just kidding use what ever does the job for you.My personal preference is a uds with lump charcoal.Kind of like a ronco rotisary set it and forget it.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Looks like that one you got was not "masterbuilt". Good luck with it, hope they stand behind it. I'll 2nd the UDS, they are cheaper too.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Hey how is that uds coming along(just pulling your leg:lol:).Did you get ahold of masterbuilt yet?If so what did they have to say?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hey how is that uds coming along(just pulling your leg:lol:).Did you get ahold of masterbuilt yet?If so what did they have to say?
I owned a masterbuilt for a short time. It didn't heat from the git go. I sent a E mail to them and never did get a response back. I took the Masterbuilt back and got a Cajun Injector smoker. Works great!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts