Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
That's where the handwashing comes in.
Pescy just said there's no need but the CDC thinks otherwise. They say it happens but is not the main form of transfer.

Pescy knows better though.

Reactions: walleyemagic

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Fomite transmission has proven to be almost non-existent.
That is this week, next week it will be totally different! How much false information has the people playing GOD changed from the beginning? Next weeks special "NO FARTING IN PUBLIC DUE TO THE HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS SPREAD". Hold it, St. Patties is coming up, the color green spreads it!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
That is this week, next week it will be totally different! How much false information has the people playing GOD changed from the beginning? Next weeks special "NO FARTING IN PUBLIC DUE TO THE HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS SPREAD". Hold it, St. Patties is coming up, the color green spreads it!
You seem confused by guidelines during the pandemic.

What do you not understand?

Who is playing GOD?

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
So you're just like everyone else... you only care when you're told.
The day the mandates are lifted, all the hypocrites of the world will breathe a little easier!
EDIT: I'm not calling you a hypocrite, as you readily admit you only wear one because you're told.
Well I am working for a private company, in order to with at this company they do have safety rules and the company that we are installing stuff for is also a private company also which have a set of safety rules to follow also. Pretty much everywhere I've been publicly, inside, have some mask rules to enter as well. If I'm outside running my dogs there are no mask rules so I don't because there's no reason to....

When the mandates are lifted I still may wear one in certain places, depends how I'm feeling or if I see others that appear to be sick. No reason to catch something if possible

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
Fomite transmission has proven to be almost non-existent.
That's where people get confused and the messages get drowned out. If what you posted is correct, then why all the fuss about washing hands and hand sanitizer?

In no way am I saying people shouldn't wash hands, just trying to help the masses clarify.

·
Premium Member
28,108 Posts
That's where people get confused and the messages get drowned out. If what you posted is correct, then why all the fuss about washing hands and hand sanitizer?
...because fomite transmission isn't the only way you can get the virus from your hands.

Your hands can be come contaminated with AIRBORNE virus, and you can be infected through touching mucous membranes.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
...because fomite transmission isn't the only way you can get the virus from your hands.

Your hands can be come contaminated with AIRBORNE virus, and you can be infected through touching mucous membranes.
You just moved the goal post to the other end of the field, in a different stadium.

·
Super Moderator
35,099 Posts
You just moved the goal post to the other end of the field, in a different stadium.
Kinda but not really. Getting airborne particles on your hand then touching your face and being infected is probably more realistic. It implies the virus that got on you is more "fresh" and less degraded.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
Kinda but not really. Getting airborne particles on your hand then touching your face and being infected is probably more realistic. It implies the virus that got on you is more "fresh" and less degraded.
You are missing pescy’s point. If you are picking someone else’s nose (touching a mucous membrane) a d that person sneezes on you (airborne particles), you should definitely wash your hands afterwards. I don’t know what kind of crowd he runs with where this happens, but it is good advice if you run with a similar crowd.

·
Super Moderator
35,099 Posts
You are missing pescy’s point. If you are picking someone else’s nose (touching a mucous membrane) a d that person sneezes on you (airborne particles), you should definitely wash your hands afterwards. I don’t know what kind of crowd he runs with where this happens, but it is good advice if you run with a similar crowd.
I dont think I'm missing his point. The idea was put out there that he was changing the goal post. Kinda isnt.

·
Registered
759 Posts

You are correct that it isn't the only way you can get the virus from your hands........but the likelihood of airborne transmission via hands has to be less than the likelihood of fomite transmission. Can't find any data on that via a quick google search but my gut tells me that is most likely the case. Maybe I am wrong.

So lets just say I am correct. Risk of fomite transmission is very very low. Risk of airborne transmission via hands (example: someone sneezing on your hand and you touching your eyes) even lower. So why the fuss about hand washing and sanitizer?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Playing with the mask, touching your face, or the mask being dirty have zero affect on the effectiveness of masks at preventing the MASK WEARER from spreading his germs... which is the point of the mask.
I just have to say, with all due respect, you are over the top.

Comments like these are exactly the "chicken little" mentality I have referred to in many different posts.

I've seen the masks, the masks that people have made $$$ on. The masks that people scrounge to make.. The masks on the ground in the grocery store parking lot. It's pitiful.

I try to follow the rules and use a gaiter. Only to hear the state butthead say they are not good enough. Tough ****. I'm trying to follow the rules.

Ask yourself, be honest with yourself, if these knuckleheads had science and a firm grip, there would be a standard.

Akin to gyms open, but not restaurants. Add to that, airport bars are open (indoors) but not restaurants/bars.

Lack of standards make lack of beliefs....just saying.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 160 Posts