Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bite started about 1 am. Pulled the anchor a little before 4. Lost two, some hit in the pull some hit working the lures back.
They all wanted Rapala's Hot Steel #11 last night.......Bob B.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Good job Bob, dam late bite huh, I know you got sleep tho.. I got a kick out of last weeks report when you said you woke up to one on the line waiting for you, got to love it:lol::lol:..Cya Slick

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice job Bob, I was a bummed that I didn't head out last night. I havn't been out
in over a month. Heading out in the morning hoping to find a few perch.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good job Bob, dam late bite huh, I know you got sleep tho.. I got a kick out of last weeks report when you said you woke up to one on the line waiting for you, got to love it:lol::lol:..Cya Slick
Unfortunately I didn't get a nap in last night:sad: (I sure could've used one). Had a boat with 4 people in my favorite spot when I got out. I anchored outside them in 25 FOW thinking they weren't going to stay long then they started talking about staying late. About that time Big Daddy Benelli called so I pulled the anchor and headed south as he headed north and we met by Ed Millers place. We anchored next to each other north of the River Crab and fished there for a while. I got one there and the guy with BDB got one, but it was really slow and BDB wanted to head south to familiar waters and I wanted to go north back to my stomping grounds.
I passed about a 14ish ft boat headed that way half way between the J. Buoy and my spot . Luckily the boat with the 4 guys was gone, that was about 12 or so. I flew up into my spot, threw out the anchor and was putting the lures in the water when the little boat approached. They wanted to anchor next to me so I got my wall hook out, and positioned the boat in 18 FOW. Five fish later they were still there with two as I left. Talked to BDB on the VHF when I had four fish in the cooler (not sure about the time) he was at the ramp in Marine City getting ready to load the boat. Not sure how many fish they had.................Bob B.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Nice job on the :fish: Bob. Got to work in the morn.

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Hey Bob in case you dont read the other thread I was out jigging tonight until 10:15pm then headed in we caught three throw back walleye and two keepers but thats not what I wanted to tell you..

No one was fishing your Canadian side spot and there where very few fisherman out tonight at all hardley any, I ran from Saint Clair to Port Huron and back again and guess what, there was a guy in your old spot :dizzy: because I now you had a hard time getting into that location and I was like I bet there is no one there "wrong" some one right in that spot:dizzy:, just though I would tell ya.. Cya Slick

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Bob in case you dont read the other thread I was out jigging tonight until 10:15pm then headed in we caught three throw back walleye and two keepers but thats not what I wanted to tell you..

No one was fishing your Canadian side spot and there where very few fisherman out tonight at all hardley any, I ran from Saint Clair to Port Huron and back again and guess what, there was a guy in your old spot :dizzy: because I now you had a hard time getting into that location and I was like I bet there is no one there "wrong" some one right in that spot:dizzy:, just though I would tell ya.. Cya Slick
Nice going on the fish Brent. It's a nice ride up and down the river at night isn't it, the way it lays down nice an flat.
As for people getting into other peoples fishing spots,that really bites. As you know I've fished that spot and only that spot for the best part of forty years. My Dad & I fished a few times just below the Bluewater bridge when all the old wooden warehouses used to line the river where the boardwalk and the Huron Light Ship is now. Used to have pictures of all that years ago. Even Perch fished a few times out on the lake where the Huron light ship was anchored. Them were the good ol days.
It doesn't bother me much anymore when someone is in that spot. Besides, you never know when a freighter is gonna chase you out to unload. Ernie's the one that got me into buying a Canadian license, that opened the whole river for fishing instead of only half, (or in my case that one spot.) That river holds a lot of fish throughout the year, all you have to do is find them. After ya find em you have to be very vague when posting where you found them or all the post stalkers will move in and force you out of that spot. I found a spot with good current that holds fish and have only seen one other boat one time in the area and they were anchored casting lures. I guess the bottom line is if you have the equipment and the knowledge and can find the fish with your fish finder you shouldn't have much trouble getting fish in the boat anywhere on the river. It's a shame all the post stalkers are too lazy to find fishing holes on their own. They act like a bunch of parasites feeding off other peoples labor. Better stop here before I get them all pissed off at me (as if I really cared).
Congrats on the fish, nothing like night fishing with a full moon.................Bob B.:)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Got to love that side of the river, but it seems others have started to notice !!!!!!!! I can't get into my old hole anymore. So I've found new ones. :) Like you Bob I could care less.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Bob is the Walleye Magnet! He has alot of years on the river, and knows it like the back of his hand!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts