Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last nite my wife asks me if i was going to go fishing after dinner. I replied why she was asking? she said "you have that look in your eye".

It wasn't that long ago "that look in your eye" meant something else:)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Last nite my wife asks me if i was going to go fishing after dinner. I replied why she was asking? she said "you have that look in your eye".

It wasn't that long ago "that look in your eye" meant something else:)
That was cute and way too funny. Women's intuition~~gotta love it!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But the important question was...how was the fishing?
i changed my mind after checking the weather. went thursday eve with the big rain going on. despite the rain the river hadn't heavily stained up yet. If you can have an exciting time without catching fish this was it. I don't think i have ever turned so many fish before.

Went friday and was worried I had missed "it". But found the river to be ripping and moderate stain. Best fishing of the year. The worst was when I couldn't get downstream of one big guy I had on. He was out in the current and I had to crank down the drag to keep him out of some wood. After a short standoff he cleanly broke some 3x tippet. I rarely swear on the river but ....

No fishing sat. Sunday was back to normal as all the open runs and inside bends were empty:sad: Except for the 10" crowd which kept things interesting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts