Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out on the water with my wife right now. Lines down around 630 and we will be pulling around 930 to make it to church by 1030. What a great way to spend a Sunday morning! Currently 2-4 with a coho and a lake trout, and lost what we believe to be a big brown. 60 ish fow. I never see any lake superior reports on here so figured I'd throw one up!
20210718_083210.jpg
4594.jpeg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Awful brave running those plastic rod holders, my folks did the same a few years back and it cost them a nice setup to a ghost of L Mich. I think were headed to Grand Marais and might bring the boat to troll in Aug after seeing this as it wasnt a thought till now.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awful brave running those plastic rod holders, my folks did the same a few years back and it cost them a nice setup to a ghost of L Mich. I think were headed to Grand Marais and might bring the boat to troll in Aug after seeing this as it wasnt a thought till now.
Lol you're not the first to say that! I have a bigger fishing boat with aluminum rod holders but it is currently getting a new transom so I'm using the little boat in the meantime. For what the boat is, its just not worth the investment. That being said, I have caught many kings down in fairport out of this rig with no issues with braid/wire dipsies, however I am from the loose drag school of thought.

Grand Marais has excellent lake trout fishing. I have never fished there but a good buddy of mine has family there and fishes there 6-7 times a summer. If you do decide to bring the boat feel free to shoot me a pm and I can find out some pointers to share with you.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Awful brave running those plastic rod holders...

The ones on the Canon riggers are pretty solid, I had some others that I barely trusted to hold spare rods. The dipsey rod holder seem to take the most abuse.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts