Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought there would be a possibility of me loosing my hole fishing vest until one day I relied on someone to throw my vest into the car with a bunch of other stuff. My vest never made it into the car and I lost my 5 years of steelheading gear. All my tackle, jigs, flies, line, swivels and other stuff. Now that I think about it, I wish I would have had my name on at least some of that stuff. Mainly my tackle boxes. Then maybe an honest person would see it and return it to the rightful owner. I have had the word out for 4 months since this happened and I am yet to see any sign of ever getting that vest back.

You may one day bend over and loose a tackle box and it floats downriver. Hopefully the person to find it will send it back to you.

So please, so it doesn't happen to you, put your name and address on your fishing gear.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Originally posted by stelmon
You may one day bend over and loose a tackle box and it floats downriver. Hopefully the person to find it will send it back to you.

oh yeah. I've has this happen many times, including while fighting fish. mostly due to the fact that I was to lazy to zip up the pockets after re-rigging.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
3,181 Posts
Been there, done that.

I once lost a brand new set of neopreme waders. My first trip with them, I slipped in the PM river and they filled with water. In my discust, I walked back up to the car, took the waders off and changed into some warm dry cloths.

After that, I jumped in the car and drove home. About 2 hrs down the road, I remembered that those waders were still on the ground where my car was parked. By the time I got home and called the sheriff in Wellston, he went out and searched for me and the waders were gone.

I wish I could say it was a lesson learned, but since then I've still done some pretty dumb things....LOL.

·
Super Moderator
20,181 Posts
Hey Stel

You're not having the best of luck are you?

If you're not careful, you may loose your virginity. :eek: :D :cool:

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
LOL
Now that would be some bad luck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts