Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to Mark Knee over the weekend. Great Area, flushed a few with the pup and missed one.
However, the tics seem pretty bad in that area, Pulled 11 of her when I got home.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Went to Mark Knee over the weekend. Great Area, flushed a few with the pup and missed one.
However, the tics seem pretty bad in that area, Pulled 11 of her when I got home.
Yes,
IMG_0012.JPG
Lot`s of Ticks I was there about 2 week`s ago and I pulled 25+ ticks off my dog ABBY.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
You guys really need to treat the dogs to protect them from ticks.I have seen what lymes can do to our four legged buddies.Deer ticks are very small and hard to find compared to wood ticks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Totally agree. Literally on my way to the vet to get another 3 month supply of tick treatment. For anyone hunting that area keep a close eye for those deer ticks. I have found 4 more.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Totally agree. Literally on my way to the vet to get another 3 month supply of tick treatment. For anyone hunting that area keep a close eye for those deer ticks. I have found 4 more.
Soresto collar keeps them off the dog.If your dog is a house dog I don't believe having something that kills a tick long after it bites a dog.I also recommend that you yourself treat and dry your hunting wears.A tick can leave a dog and make you the host.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think so but I could be wrong. They are black and very small. Black and maybe 2 mm or so big.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Soresto collar keeps them off the dog.If your dog is a house dog I don't believe having something that kills a tick long after it bites a dog.I also recommend that you yourself treat and dry your hunting wears.A tick can leave a dog and make you the host.
Your Right ,This was the first time that I ran into a lot of ticks. I do have HappyJack DD33 spray that (I did not use,but will from now on) and Happy Jack Paracide Shampoo plus Abby gets her 30.00 a month Pill`s Interceptor Plus and credelio from the Vet. every time we hunt I go all over her to check for ticks and cut`s and scratches , My hunting shirt and pants go`s in the washer . sad to say I found a tick on me my wife removed it . it was a deer tick . could I ask is there anything more that I can do ? Or buy?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Your Right ,This was the first time that I ran into a lot of ticks. I do have HappyJack DD33 spray that (I did not use,but will from now on) and Happy Jack Paracide Shampoo plus Abby gets her 30.00 a month Pill`s Interceptor Plus and credelio from the Vet. every time we hunt I go all over her to check for ticks and cut`s and scratches , My hunting shirt and pants go`s in the washer . sad to say I found a tick on me my wife removed it . it was a deer tick . could I ask is there anything more that I can do ? Or buy?
Soresto collar for the dogs and I have not seen one tick on them.Then I soak my hunting clothing in sawyers or permethrin (20:1) .05%.And allow to completely dry.This kills ticks on contact.
Babe Winkleman has a web page on ticks and lymes disease that's very informative and lists some other products available.
Permethrin is not safe around cats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts