Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Marine city fog 5/15

821 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  snortwheeze 
#1 ·
Got out at dawn this morning. The fog on the river was a little tough to navigate dodging boats and freighters.
Water Cloud Sky Atmosphere Water resources

We ended up with 10 fish. Picked away at them in ones and twos on each drift in 45-50 ft. Started north of MC past the Marwood and worked down past the MC beach. Blue ice chartruese tail Purple or Blue Jig head. Kind of slow but turned into a beautiful day on the river.
Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere Afterglow

See less See more
#5 ·
Beautiful morning 2 man in 1 hour, 7 on American and 5 on Canadian, finally some decent winds,west I mean, caught 7 first pass in fog didn’t get a fish 2 short passes ran over queens picked up 5 in one pass in the fog lol, eggs by 8 my dad always says moon was crazy, yesterday morning was tough same program first pass got 8 then nothing ran over queens side picked up 6 called it a morning at 11, didn’t get our 3 man but we tried East wind blows, all fish both days on antifreeze and blue ice. And for that huge freighter coming down river man that thing was stealth through the fog didn’t hear or see till the last minute glad I was tight to shore

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.