Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there been any work on that big hole at the Marine City launch?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nope, same with yellow gate across that area. I asked the lady that works in the entry shack when that work was going to done, she said mid-summer. (For me that’s means no time soon, mid July)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is going to be a hot mess there for the next 2 months! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I actually thought of that, the issue is there is bigger one in front of it underwater with bare re-rod poking through (would make that area useable). What they do, is move that dock over both holes, that way 4 lanes can be useable.

·
Registered
822 Posts
And for some reason only one dock is in at Fairhaven. Selfridge is missing 2 or 3. I don't get it. I talked to someone at Fairhaven 2 weeks ago and the other dock was "on the list" for that week but it hasn't budged as of tonight.

·
Registered
638 Posts
They got that lady there now directing traffic. She doesn’t have very good people skills and also lacks the assertiveness needed to orchestrate that ****ed up launch. Cut her and use the money to fix the launch.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yeah, she told me I couldn’t park my car (no trailer, just a rider) along the water.... that’s for people who watch freighters on their lunch hour....I should know better than that!!! I thought “wth”, never heard that in 10 years.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Same lady told me Saturday that the ramp has 2 bad sections out of 3. They plan on removing the one in the water that’s bad and replacing it with the good section that’s on land then pouring 2 new sections on land. What she didn’t know was when.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah, she told me I couldn’t park my car (no trailer, just a rider) along the water.... that’s for people who watch freighters on their lunch hour....I should know better than that!!! I thought “wth”, never heard that in 10 years.
My buddy heard this last year. I think she likes to see the water from the booth. Also if it isn’t posted it isn’t a rule and you’d just be a jerk I guess?

·
Registered
483 Posts
If thats the same woman that was there last year, she is very nice and personable. If not busy she will help solo guys launch their boat.
Yes. Unfortunately, the folks who staff the booths aren’t the ones who make decisions about site maintenance/repairs. I agree that some calls to Algonac State Park and Lansing are needed. The poor condition of that parking lot and ramp is just ridiculous.

·
Administrator
26,966 Posts
Yes. Unfortunately, the folks who staff the booths aren’t the ones who make decisions about site maintenance/repairs. I agree that some calls to Algonac State Park and Lansing are needed. The poor condition of that parking lot and ramp is just ridiculous.
I agree wit you Mike, it definitely needs some TLC to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
20,295 Posts
At least it's open! Might take a little longer with the limited amount of ramps... We'd raise all kinds of hell if they were to close it for a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Seems the DNR has a lot of work to do on ramps in the LSC/SCR area... The Marine City ramp, the Clinton River Cutoff ramp, the Decker's ramp all are in poor condition.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a 22 ft. Grady White Seafarer (cuddy cabin) that winter's on a trailer and summers in a slip in Marine City. Usually launch at MC. Sounds like that might be an issue. Would the ramp in Marysville be a good option? I'm willing to tak a boat ride to get it to Marine City for the summer. Would St. Clair be a better option?

·
Administrator
26,966 Posts
I have a 22 ft. Grady White Seafarer (cuddy cabin) that winter's on a trailer and summers in a slip in Marine City. Usually launch at MC. Sounds like that might be an issue. Would the ramp in Marysville be a good option? I'm willing to tak a boat ride to get it to Marine City for the summer. Would St. Clair be a better option?
Should be doable. Water is lower than last year. Got to be careful backing up as one bouy is not in a good place (last time I launched a few weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts