Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got out my flasher (Marcum LX-5) today to get ready and the transducer was glued in the holder. I mean STUCK. I finally got it out of there. The pad that is on the bottom was all sticky and stuck all over the bottom of the ducer. It is stored inside so I know it wasn't frozen and it was not near any heat. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do about it?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've had mine two years and never had any problems. It freezes in the holder sometimes while fishing. Does it still work correctly?

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Did it melt the plastic? Kind of like the way a mister twister will melt the tray in a tackle box?

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
I wonder if its some sort of chemical reaction. Maybe you could put a thin sheet of nylon in the holder and set the transducer on top of that.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno:dizzy:
I stored it down in my basement away from heat and it's dry. I'm gunna put something else in there because I dont want it stuck like that again.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I remember one time last year I left it in the garage overnight and the next morning I was out on the ice and the transducer was frozen to the holder. I had to set it by the heater for about a half hr to get it to thaw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts