Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a marcum lx-3 today on ebay for 170 bucks brand new without a transducer. will a vexilar transducer work? and how does the marcum compare to the vex fl-18. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think this is one of those items that isn't stocked often by retailers. I see that online vendors such as Reeds, Fishing pro store, have the high speed boat mount and the puck transducer for $60 but you need the iceducer. I think your best bet is to contact marcum to see if they will sell you one direct. I bet it will be about $60 plus shipping. I would highly doubt a Vex transducer is compatible.

http://marcumtech.com/cs/index.php

·
Registered
151 Posts
You will have to get a Marcum transducer. There is a lot of differences. First , Marcum has an adjustable zoom of the entire water column not just the bottom 6 feet. It has a incredable interferance rejection. I would go to there web site and read on the LX-3. They now have the new LX-3tc. You can send yours in for the upgrade and get the new LED`s for a $49. I got it done and you will be glad you did.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Marcum offers a dual angle 'ducer now that comes with the LX5. I think you ought to look into that and let us know if/how it works!;)

Sid

·
Registered
151 Posts
The dual beam will only work with the LX-5. I have the Lx-3 with the upgraded LED`s and Lx-5. The Lx-5 is definitely the cadillac of flashers. So many awesome features. I would go to there web site if you are interested. There is no comparision to anything else on the market today.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
bhorn said:
The dual beam will only work with the LX-5. I have the Lx-3 with the upgraded LED`s and Lx-5. The Lx-5 is definitely the cadillac of flashers. So many awesome features. I would go to there web site if you are interested. There is no comparision to anything else on the market today.
I thought so. As much as I like my LX-3, I'd still like to see the LX-5 in action just for $h!ts and giggles!

Sid

·
Registered
555 Posts
I bought my lx-3 from cabelas about a month ago for $299, I just recently got it updated to the tru color version for $49, the color is so much more crisp and defined...i'll never fish without it.;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sid, I might be going to southern Michigan later in the week. Not for sure yet. If I go I will let you know and let you test drive the LX-5.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts