Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

March 31 report

3117 Views 17 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Deer Slayer
Got a late start after watching the Wolverines blow a golden opportunity to get to final 4. Wyandotte was surprisingly quiet at 0930, which maybe was a sign of things to come.

Fished 0930-1300 and managed to go 5/6, all eater males. 2 at Mud, 1 at matchstick and 3 at steel mills. All on pimp daddy, no minnows.

Wind was a bitch and boat control was tough. On the plus side, I did manage to kick my foot pedal dependency and still much better with the remote, so not a total loss.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
The more you practice the better you get than you’ll never use the foot pedal again for walleye
Went out of LEMP very few trailers in the lot. Headed to east side of GI to hide from westerly wlnd. Fish seemed to be on deep side of drop offs in the channel 15 fow. Got 14 between 2 of us let 3 biggest including wart girl who was 23 inches. First fish was a carp and was concerned it was a bad sign but guess not.
Rectangle Art Fish Painting Wood
Water Sky Cloud Fluid Fin
Water Sky Cloud Boat Vertebrate
Water Sky Boat Fisherman Lake
Water Sky Fin Gesture Body of water
Thanks for the report! Not sure that’s a carp though. Looks more like a master angler white sucker to me.
Blew game? I would say so for cranking up 3's when you only needed 2. But hey, let the guy who's hit about 10% of his 3's the past six weeks fire up the last shot. End of rant! By the way, nice fish :)
Got a late start after watching the Wolverines blow a golden opportunity to get to final 4. Wyandotte was surprisingly quiet at 0930, which maybe was a sign of things to come.

Fished 0930-1300 and managed to go 5/6, all eater males. 2 at Mud, 1 at matchstick and 3 at steel mills. All on pimp daddy, no minnows.

Wind was a bitch and boat control was tough. On the plus side, I did manage to kick my foot pedal dependency and still much better with the remote, so not a total loss.
Good job tom. Have a foot peddle and have never used it. It’s a back up in case my batteries go dead in my remote and i don’t have spares.
wow now that I look at it you are right. It went back to swim again.
Thanks for the report! Not sure that’s a carp though. Looks more like a master angler white sucker to me.
Reactions: jiggin is livin
Good job and nice mess of fish.
Went out of LEMP very few trailers in the lot. Headed to east side of GI to hide from westerly wlnd. Fish seemed to be on deep side of drop offs in the channel 15 fow. Got 14 between 2 of us let 3 biggest including wart girl who was 23 inches. First fish was a carp and was concerned it was a bad sign but guess not. View attachment 760172 View attachment 760173 View attachment 760174 View attachment 760175 View attachment 760176
I have not been smart enough to get the foot pedal to work. I am sure the batteries are probably dead by now but just using the remote and putting it on automatic has made fishing and piloting rather simple. Now watch I will have that go dead and wish I could get the foot pedal to work.:(:geek:
Good job tom. Have a foot peddle and have never used it. It’s a back up in case my batteries go dead in my remote and i don’t have spares.
On a windy river day like today, I like the foot pedal. Calmer days I can do the remote.

Marty
I don’t think there are any batteries in the foot pedal. Just plug it in to the trolling motor and should be good to go if you need it
I have not been smart enough to get the foot pedal to work. I am sure the batteries are probably dead by now but just using the remote and putting it on automatic has made fishing and piloting rather simple. Now watch I will have that go dead and wish I could get the foot pedal to work.:(:geek:
Nice fish to the OP/ Enjoy that walleye dinner.
My foot pedal doesn’t have a cord🤣
Reactions: sureshot006
Opposite for me. I can plant both feet and keep balance better with the remote vs dancing on the foot pedal.
On a windy river day like today, I like the foot pedal. Calmer days I can do the remote.

Marty
How many you hook in the butthole? Just goofing Tommy .....I'll stop ...lol!! I'll bet we put up better reports real soon. It sure would be nice to see the wind settle down some. Same crap tomorrow mixed with colder temps. Shooting to go out Friday.

Those are the 18 inch eyes that fight like 8 pounders.
How many you hook in the butthole? Just goofing Tommy .....I'll stop ...lol!! I'll bet we put up better reports real soon. It sure would be nice to see the wind settle down some. Same crap tomorrow mixed with colder temps. Shooting to go out Friday.
Reactions: jiggin is livin
Funny Kevin I have buddies that use both, two use the foot pedals, one remote and one bud who uses both depending on attitude that day..

All with what makes ya comfortable and what ya like
I actually replaced the batteries once thinking it was them that would not let it coordinate with the head. It is a cordless foot pedal which I never had before. I think what my problem was I didn't have the motor in the down position and once it started working for my remote around my neck I realized that I did not have the motor down when trying. But it was in the garage and I wasn't going anywhere so thought it was like my old one and would work while locked in the travel position. Not so much.:unsure: Just never tried it out on the water in down position.
I don’t think there are any batteries in the foot pedal. Just plug it in to the trolling motor and should be good to go if you need it
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.