Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm up her in Da UP! Just bought an original Gladstone made Plainsman...awesome looking with golden curly oak handle and a small sowbelly pocket knife.Gotta watch out for the CHINA stamp, heading to Rapid River Knifeworks tomorrow and going to look for the Hess Co. in Gladstone also. Staying at Indian Lake State Park then on to the Porkies!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)Yeah well after talking to some former Marbles guys who now own their own business....my Marbles was GARBAGE! took em back and bought another Rapid River! Those Guys at RR do good!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the blade ain't stamped Gladstone Mi. It ain't real!:( All different kinds of stamps and laser etchings up here. If you want the real thing... It's got to be stamped that way. Back then it was just Marbles Knives. Then Marbles, then Marbles Outdoors. It's got to have the Marbles, Gladstone Mi. stamp TO BE THE REAL MARBLES! I've learned my lesson! Guess it's on to Ebay LOL:dizzy:

·
Registered
165 Posts
If the blade ain't stamped Gladstone Mi. It ain't real!:( All different kinds of stamps and laser etchings up here. If you want the real thing... It's got to be stamped that way. Back then it was just Marbles Knives. Then Marbles, then Marbles Outdoors. It's got to have the Marbles, Gladstone Mi. stamp TO BE THE REAL MARBLES! I've learned my lesson! Guess it's on to Ebay LOL:dizzy:
Depending on when the knife was made, usually determines what type of logo they used. Mike Stewart told me that they stopped using stamps to brand the knife and began using the etching process. The stamp had to be hit with such tremendous force that it actually produced a weak spot at the logo which could make the knife fail. Virtually all the knives sold in the bobcat boxes were made while Mike ran the Marbles cutlery division and they all had etching. Some with Marbles, Gladstone Mich on them. Some with just Marbles. I have four Special Hunters and only one Has Gladstone on it and Mike made them all.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I finally found a Marble's Woodcraft that I could afford!!!!!! I even bought a smaller one too! I love these knives!!! Yes they are stamped Marble's Gladstone Mi, USA!!! :)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info Oneida, I did not know that. I will try to post pics. I do know that the orange boxes are Pakistan and China:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts