Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the big river the other day hooked 4 landed 1, of course the one was 13.5#, man do these fish jump. Why is the Manistee river flow so low today, anyone have any quesses? It was about 1600 cubic feet/second yesterday and today its presently at about 800 or so. I'll be fishing near Tippy most of next week if anyone cares to join up, which reminds me PRIMO where are ya?????

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
toto
what do you use, flies, spawn?
I was on East Bay the other day in the boat. I would like to get into some skamanias. I fish the big M. during the spring quite a bit. The crowd is terrible. Whats the crowd like?

KF

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Bill, Scams are cool huh? 13.5 that's a nice fish! I'm going to be at Tippy on Tuesday!!!! Maybe I'll see you there.(I'll be on the wellston side below the culpher)
~Rick
Oh yeah what have you heard about the Kings;-)

·
Registered
66 Posts
toto,been busy at work.all the summer homes are opening up and everyone wants another phone line.plus work for the cherry festival is keeping us hopping.i also have company staying for the festival.I,m hoping to fish mill pond this week for some huge lake brookies i've been seeing.if you fish locally this week after work give me a shout.i'm in the book,bartlett rd in acme.

·
Administrator
36,078 Posts
Primo, that cherry festival seems to be a happening thing. Was lucky enough to see a preview of the air show including the blue angels on Friday afternoon. Got the whole show without the crowd.

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
I was on East Bay trolling and got to watch the blue angels Friday and then we went to Saturdays show. They are very impressive.
We actually caught more whitefish than lakers on cowbells and peanuts. Surface water temp is around 61 degrees. Water level seems to be coming up a little bit.

KF

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys for being so long at reposting, but had a week of vacation to do. The skamanias are in the Manistee, and my wife hooked her very first one ever, man what a way to start her out.

Anyways we drove to the little manistee weir and saw with my own eyes several Salmon swimming below the weir. I would think there are some in the big river also. Hooked several in the Big Manistee (scams) but never landed even one, my wife lost hers too. But still a good start for her. It certainly won't be long before the kings get in there in fishable numbers. Hope this charges you up a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.