Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a seasonal slip and space for the RV at Insta-launch, the rates are decent and the owners were very informative on the phone. I know alot of you are familiar with the place, I would appreciate any input.

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
Long drive to the big lake. Camping, lots are vey tight.
The area is nice and it seems too be OK. We did have some trouble with them screwing up our slip while there. They actually made me move my boat down two slips for someone who showed up later. They claimed they made a mistake. Well why was I the one that had to move so the other boat could have this specific slip? I had to untie all my bumpers and move down two slips. This left me a little bit of a bad taste with management. Not enough to lose sleep over.

·
Premium Member
12,816 Posts
How is acess to the lake? I have heard the mouth is realy shallow but havent been through there in years.

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
It is shallow, you just have to be careful. My buddies 24' boat stirred up the sand pretty good.

Make sure you have a good spotlight for departure and arrival during the dark hours.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a 19' with a 115 h.p. on it and it is able to get down the channel, but it is no fun. The dredged channel is not a strait line going to manistee lake and is vary difficult to navigate in the dark. I actualy relied quite a bit on my G.P.S. to come and go in the dark. I would not recamed renting a seasonale slip there until you atleast give it a try for a weekend. If you plan on fishing the big lake most of the time, it is a 45 minute ride time from the dock to the harbor mouth, thats a long time in my opinion. Just my opion though!!

Good luck, Steve

P.S. If you do stay there, lay down your antena and rods. THE RAILROAD BRIDGE IS AS LOW AS IT LOOKS :SHOCKED: . Talk about a chiness fire drill !!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts