Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming over to Manistee with the wife to fill the cooler !! Well that is what I would like to do, but I know better. I would at least like to get a couple kings. We will be there Sunday ,Monday ,and Tues. Bringing the boat up and leaving it in a well at Instalaunch for the month of August. I was just wondering how the fishing has been lately? Where about is the thermocline at the 100 foot shelf. I see where they are getting some fish up by Arcadia ,but have not herd any reports from Manistee.
Thanks guys for any info, like secret baits, before I go to the tackle shop.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It was 60 to 70 feet down over the weekend for what it worth. Different winds this week will change that . The Manistee splash is this weekend. Follow the results on the Tournament Trail Facebook page. That will give you an idea what is being caught. After the results are published you will get more help as to where and on what. Right now, no one is saying much. We caught fish on meat, spoons and flies.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
It was 60 to 70 feet down over the weekend for what it worth. Different winds this week will change that . The Manistee splash is this weekend. Follow the results on the Tournament Trail Facebook page. That will give you an idea what is being caught. After the results are published you will get more help as to where and on what. Right now, no one is saying much. We caught fish on meat, spoons and flies.
The tourney trail will give u an idea. However there were guys in ludington running over 30 miles to fish somwhere else so dont assume results are within 5 miles of port

·
Registered
253 Posts
The tourney trail will give u an idea. However there were guys in ludington running over 30 miles to fish somwhere else so dont assume results are within 5 miles of port
That is true. Saw a lot fishing up Onekema to get lakers. Usually Sunday after weigh in you can start get info on where people fished. That will help for the weekday fishing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
For what it's worth guys I fished Mon. A. M. off the 5 cottages down by Bar Lake and only had one knockoff on green Flounder pounder 75 down in about 110 ft. of water. Most marks were on the bottom but did mark a little bait about 75 down. I've got company right now but next week I'm going to hit her hard. good luck guys when you get out

·
Registered
39 Posts
6 for 9 last night with 6 rod spread. Started in 300' down to 140' fishing straight out down to the 12's. Nothing after the 13's. All fish caught 45' and up and no meat bites for us. Nothing big either but 5 of the 6 were kings. Odd note that 3 of the kings swam straight at the boat to the point we thought we lost them. Keep reeling!!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Heading over to fish tomorrow. Debating weather to go to Manistee or Ludington anyone have any suggestions

Sent from my SM-G970U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
My buddies have picked up some plus 20 pounders straight out and south at Manistee.
Ludington has been okay but not great unless you can cover water.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We are heading to Manistee in the morning, will be there for three days. I will try and give reports in the evening. It looks like once this weather gets threw it should be pretty nice for a couple days. I think there was some kind of tournament last week and end Sunday. The fish should be trained and no what to do when you troll by them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep, don’t look let tournament results fool you. Mid May tourney here in SoHa they weighed in quite a few kings. But, I knew better. If you watched Tournament Trail videos you saw of them head north to Saugatuck and a few south to St Joe for fish.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
weekend warrior reports not great this weekend. Saturday tournament called off. this morning guys fished same areas only to find fish moved. slow fishing end of august will be everyones best bet when the last new moon for month comes back. I would spare no expense on this trip. this heat wave probably cooked the early runs poor guys

1 - 20 of 37 Posts