Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody can tell me if The manistee below Tippy is wadable as well as the Pine River? I have never fly fished that there so any help to keep me from drowning would be great.
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
The pine is wadable for pretty much it's whole length, but it gets really fast and kinda deep after a good rain.

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
The Pine is no joke, even under normal conditions. The water is ice cold and very swift. I have fished many places on that river and always end up very tired after wading upstream.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Pine is no joke, even under normal conditions. The water is ice cold and very swift. I have fished many places on that river and always end up very tired after wading upstream.
:yeahthat:

I don't think I've ever waded it without getting wet -- the white bottom (clay) that resembles sand is not my friend.

So I restrict myself to warm-weather fishing.

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info everybody. I certainly don't want to take a dip in March.
How about parts of the Manistee? I'm just looking for a different spot to go. I have been on the PM, Little Man, Huron, Betsie, Platte Jordan etc.

How about the Au Gres? Just taking a stab here

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
You can wade below Tippy, there is good wading on the fly water near Grayling, also. The Pine is closed in March, open last sat.in April till end of Sept.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts