Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 lines set in 40 fow trolling west into fog. Water dead calm wind zero air temp in the 60s. Surface temp 53.4 temp at ball 51 deg 35 down.

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 lb king in the box mixed veggie 50 down over 75 fow temp 50 at ball speed 2.7 at ball. Waves calm wind calm fog.

Fishingnut I just reset a dipsey higher. There are good marks 20 down at all depths.

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bait school in 180 from the surface down to 35 deep.

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#2 in the box 5 lb king meat rig pearl paddle dipsey 140 out 125 fow

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
Thanks for the reports!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dont drive past em, we did yesterday and my buddy stayed closer, we actually turn and ran ba k in to get into a good bite. 44 N 16~20 S. 160fow... highlines w/ orange spoons 4/5 color, 50/100 coppers, flashers and squids on braid dipsys 125/150. Riggers w/ meat 85/120down... worked great for us yeaterday. Also run wire dipsys at 150.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I've been watching these west side reports and appreciate them greatly.
I can't wait 10 more days and ima take my Huron program to ludington.

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Addicted thanks, that's about where I have been fishing this morning. Marking more fish today than yesterday but still spread out. Not much temp change from surface to 100 down. I have found 45 degree water only a couple of times and not for very long.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry for the late reply was swimming with the kids. Anyway just to let u know that seemed the best bite was from 10am til 2:00pm... we picked at em slowly early but around 10, things were going great for a four hour window right in that area. We started marking alot more fish there and then like a light switch it was on. I will be back out from wed thru sun. Weather dependant cause my anglers are 4 & 6 yrs. Old... but they love it and can bare up to 3 to 4 footers then they are wanting to play inshore. I will post how we do as we get out. Been a pretty good season out there so far.

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ended 3 for 3. Had another small fish hitch hiking when I pulled lines. Great two trips out of Manistee last night and tonight. Weather was a challenge but the fishing was good.

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
I fished Ludington today. I started in the harbor and had no hitsso I pulled lines and ran out to 120 and did a south troll. I worked in and out to the south side of the project. On the south side of the project I trolled into 60 and pulled lines with no hits. I talked to the fish checker and he had not seen a fish from the south but there were a few from the north. I think he said all except one were 3 pounds or minus. He saw one low teen king. Most of the fish taken were in 120 feet of water.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Way to go papa bear, I was out Wed. A.M. solo up here by Onekama and I got 3 small Kings and threw back one shaker and had one other release.
Everything small though. I hope the nicer ones show up soon.

Micky May I

1 - 20 of 22 Posts