Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I would troll the top 20 FOW with all spoon including standards and mags. Hot colors would be green and blue dolphin, orange crush, ludington watermelon, jerry lee, pink alewife and yellow tail. Run South if the wind is blowing south, run north if north, work around pier heads if its a onshore wind and work the shelf if its a bright sunny day. Last time I heard, it was slow still for the pier guys. The salmon could be anywhere. The water is not too cold for the salmon, they are comfortable any where that why its hard to find them now. They could be on the bottom at the shelf, on top basking in the morning chill, or up and around the pier chasing what bait there is. Run a 5 color off a board, a 3, a 2 and a 10. Run the dipsys high and run 1 deep. Good luck. Watch out for the nets.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
That time of the year up there your best bet is to run a program that features mostly lead core line and dipseys. Fish are scattered and you won't mark enough fish at any specific depth to target them with riggers exclusively.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Every year is a little different but for the most part the fish are out on the bank from 70 ft to 120 ft and you can catch them from the surface all the way down to 100 ft. Leadcore with spoons and divers with meat rigs work really well. Riggers work good first thing but then when the sun comes up get stuff out away from the boat. I keep my boat in Manistee all summer (Fish'N Machine) and i'll be up there that weekend fishing a tournament. Heres a pic from 2 years ago Memorial Weekend this was only 2 hrs of fishing, fishing was awesome!!

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts