Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4/6 this morning, all Kings. Had 3 in the box before the tournament boats left the harbor. Hooked another as they steamed past. Only had one bite after that. The fish we boxed were 6, 10, 10, 11#. All3 double digit fish were mature according to the Feds at the dock. One was clipped/tagged.

3/4 Wonderbread Glow J-Plug on 225cu
1/1 On Moonshine Plug Green Flounder Pounder on 300cu
0/1 On a Green/white Moonshine spoon with some black stripes on it. That was on a rigger down 35.

My 8 year old did a hell of a job on the rod on an opening double and caught all 4.
All fish caught in 65-100 fow, south out the harbor, north troll. speed around 2.5 gps. Fair number of boats out, never saw a net get wet. But, the bite was in the dark really. Talked to one other boat at the cleaning station. They had 3, similar depths, same story on the early bite. One of theirs was probably 16#. I did not send the probe down, but surface temps were a pretty steady 60-63 everywhere, including near the harbor. Lots of boats out front and in the river.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm also gonna be up this weekend, not sure if I'll be fishing though with all the wind forecasted I don't think the little Starcraft will like it,

·
Registered
235 Posts
we just cant get a break with the weather.colder temps should bring them in closer.hope the wind cooperates but it doesnt look good.anybody been out lately?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts