Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Same as Bill P, got chased off early by the storm last Saturday but took 5 fish. All came in 120-130fow. Wire low divers 160-180 out, 180 being better. Riggers targeting 90-105 down. 15 fish on the weekend, 14 of them being kings. All fish caught on dipseys and riggers. Flasher flys and meat rigs. Not a fish on a spoon.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Thanks for the tips/report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Don’t need to go any further than the shelf. We had a storm shortened trip last Saturday evening. Bites came in 140-150 fow. All bites 110’-140’ down on riggers, high divers out 300-400’, lows out 225’ and 250’. Wind this week should have brought up the real some, but fish have been coming deep this year regardless of what your temp says because the schools of small alewives have been deep
Thanks for the tips/report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Lol, whomever it was started frantically wrapping up after the first lightning down by Big Point (we were in about the 10's), we did the same about 5' later when lightning started west about mid-lake

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Yes...I edited my comment. The Muskegon buoy temp was a month ago.

Neat website that Seagull...too bad the Lake Michigan buoys don't have down temp.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Taking the fam up on a camping/fishing trip to Manistee tomorrow through Sunday. This is one port I haven’t ventured out of on my own boat so looking forward to it. Have fished it with my Great Uncle Herbie about 25 years ago and again on a fried of a friends boat about 10 years ago. If anyone wants to team up toss me a PM. Hope to get the kids some sore arms this weekend, will update when possible!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I hope you get out friday and Sat. don't no about Sunday because there is some storms moving in some time Sunday and Monday. We are coming up Sunday and staying till Friday. Knowing Manistee we probably will only get out two or three times. I have a 19 foot boat ,but when those breaker's get 2 to 3 ft. its not fun fishing and you usually get lots of tangles when you get a fish. This is my last trip for this year so I will force myself to tuff it out .

·
Registered
98 Posts
You guys ever have any trouble truck camping in the launch for an overnighter? I typically stay at my cabin down the road but due to some construction that is not possible this week so sleeping in the truck is my only option.

·
Registered
842 Posts
You guys ever have any trouble truck camping in the launch for an overnighter? I typically stay at my cabin down the road but due to some construction that is not possible this week so sleeping in the truck is my only option.
I’ve never had a problem. I see others doing it frequently, and most park at the far end of the lot, and try to be as unassuming as possible.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Taking the fam up on a camping/fishing trip to Manistee tomorrow through Sunday. This is one port I haven’t ventured out of on my own boat so looking forward to it. Have fished it with my Great Uncle Herbie about 25 years ago and again on a fried of a friends boat about 10 years ago. If anyone wants to team up toss me a PM. Hope to get the kids some sore arms this weekend, will update when possible!
TS, I'll be up to my place in Wellston this Friday. Looking to get out on Saturday evening out of Manistee. Can't go earlier than that cause my son has to work on Saturday morning down here in GR. I have an 18.5' Crestliner, so need to watch the weather, but it looks good so far. I'd love to share info if you are going to be out the same time. Not really very computer savvy so if you want to pm me, I think I can figure it out.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts