Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Man Mother Nature is a ........

828 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  fishhogster
ruthless woman.;)

Every year I make plans with the kids and a couple of their friends to go steelheading. This year, they want to try the Big Man. No problem.
Until yesterday. Now we got a problem. :rant: Holly molly.:eek:

My daughter went last year. She was not happy with the dues that have to be paid to play on the Big Man. She came home and warned her brother, "don't go to that river, it will kill you!!!":lol: After running her up and down the river, she was extremely thrilled when she seen the dock and quickly put down her foot down and informed me, "that is where I am fishing".:lol:

Man, I hate to break their hearts with the weather that is expected. Well, it is Michigan, if I wait 6 hours, it just might change.:dizzy: :lol: Gotta stay positive.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
RIVER LADY didn't know you were a fair weather fisherwoman.:lol: :lol: This is what I call steelheadin weather!! It keeps alot of people home and makes more room for me.:evilsmile I'm leaving to night for 4 days of fishin. See ya on the river.
1cast
Hey now.:lol: Weather doesn't bother me. But, my daughter, well......:lol:

You will more than likely see me there. Not sure if I will have them do the steps. We'll have to see what's up when we get there. We'll probably be leaving in the morning and staying a couple days.

Look me up 1cast. I'll show you what River Lady is made of.:evil:

Just be sure and wear your depends...........the laughter may cause leakage.:lol:
Depends:lol: :lol: :lol: I was think more like the full body neoprene condom:yikes: :evilsmile :lol: :lol: . Will try to get to the dam for a day of fishin. Hope to see ya I need some tippy fishin pointers. It's been awhile. Haven't fished the dam area in 4 years.
:lol: :lol: You're too funny 1cast. See ya on the river.
1cast said:
Depends:lol: :lol: :lol: I was think more like the full body neoprene condom:yikes: :evilsmile :lol: :lol: . Will try to get to the dam for a day of fishin. Hope to see ya I need some tippy fishin pointers. It's been awhile. Haven't fished the dam area in 4 years.
Ain't it the truth though....

I had a buddy plan on coming up this weekend all the way from upstate New York, and of course when he pulls in last night he was greeted with 40 mph gusts and snow...:lol:

Oh well, its not going to stop us, he didnt drive 9 hours for nothing!!:lol:

See ya on the river

-Adam
Wow Gomer, your buddy has some terrible luck.

My son has had the same luck every chance he has gotten to fish this spring. If it is blowing wind, it's a snow storm.

Good thing the addiction won't let us stop.:evilsmile
if your catching fish you will never notice the weather. I was there the other day and it was cold and snowin but iloved every minute of it because it was better than being at school or work. when i left to go that morning i said i am stupid to go stand in the river but i did any way and it was great not many people and i caught a few fish and didnt have a bunch of people gome in on my spot.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.