Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Probably hating the cat....I hate my neighbors cat, it'll sit at the base and meow it's butt off, then climb the tree up to my stand. Luckily I haven't seen him this year, I'm sure he is prowling and plotting somewhere.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
19,180 Posts
Over the years, a few cats have become part of my soil enrichment plan.

L & O

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Don't show that second pic to the MWC....they'll bring out their Cougar/Panther discovery team and trample all over your property!
:evil:

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
Before we could rifle hunt out of a treestand I used to hunt from this dugout ground blind in Jackson... Every morning (and throughout the entire day),,, Mutt and Jeff (lab mix & a mutt) used to come visit me and literally lay down next to me in the dirt... :lol:

I was ok with the dogs,, until they started bringing their cat buddy with 'em... The cat never stuck around very long,, but I did shoot my first ever deer there,, not 90 seconds after those dogs started to wander off. :dizzy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah this Damn cat comes out every single night around 5:30-6:30 and won't stop playing around in the tall weed beds near my stand, he's loud as hell....

I don't see myself killing it, he has just as much right to hunt for his food, but still.... Grrrr

I still see a ton of deer, but I have a feeling the 8 point I've been tracking won't come near the area of he's making all this noise.

Sent from my EVO using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I had 2 cats on sunday, which isn't very rare. But, I had my first ever Weiner dog, his name was "Mark" the weiner dog. As we could hear his owner yelling for him for 2 hours straight about 1/2 mile away! Killed the hunt.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
My house/property is next door to a farmer with beef cattle and he’s given me “the green light” on his cats (I just don't have the heart to help them find their way home yet). The cattle on the other hand ore off limits when they perform their jail breaks.

·
Banned
631 Posts
I had a cat climb a tree that was only about 3 feet from where I was sitting a few years back... The cat had absolutely no clue I was there and was climbing the side of the tree facing me... I think he was going after a song bird that had been making all kinds of noise about 5 feet above my spot.

When the cat got about even with me, I reached out to grab it and yelled BLAAAAAAA:yikes:....

That cat came off that tree like a lightning bolt hit it.. I bet you its still shaking with mental problems...

·
Registered
781 Posts
I had a cat climb a tree that was only about 3 feet from where I was sitting a few years back... The cat had absolutely no clue I was there and was climbing the side of the tree facing me... I think he was going after a song bird that had been making all kinds of noise about 5 feet above my spot.

When the cat got about even with me, I reached out to grab it and yelled BLAAAAAAA:yikes:....

That cat came off that tree like a lightning bolt hit it.. I bet you its still shaking with mental problems...
No that's funny a buddy has his cat sneak out of the house and follow him so now when it shows up he just lets him lay at his feet of the stand !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts