Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually do my own but I have to go out of town and won't have time. Does anyone know of a someone who does a great job at a reasonable price, the closer to Roseville the better, but I'll drive a bit for a better job. Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I work with a guy who takes his deer to Boffs Market on Ten Mile between Vandyke and Hoover in Warren. He likes their work. I have no personal experience with them. I also don't know if he would know the difference in a quality product. Just an idea of a place not to far from you. I have not heard any thing bad about this place.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Durocs on 14 mile jefferson area all he does is wild game. Good all around sausage,jerky. Take my stuff to OCSH past few years.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I went to Durocs 1 time--I will never go back.--Boffs is by my house---I think they would be worth a try.
Do it yourself is the best way to go.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I work with a guy who takes his deer to Boffs Market on Ten Mile between Vandyke and Hoover in Warren. He likes their work. I have no personal experience with them. I also don't know if he would know the difference in a quality product. Just an idea of a place not to far from you. I have not heard any thing bad about this place.
This guy has done several deer for me i will take to him in the future seem to get all of the meat back...And hes good and proffesional

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for the information everyone, I'll post a report on my results after I get the meat back.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Duroc's once and never again! Very poorly done. My last one I had done a Blue Ribbon in Sterling Heights, they vacum pack the meat. I believe there on 191/2 Mile though call first. 90.00 for boneless and vacum pack, a little steep but worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Duroc's once and never again! Very poorly done. My last one I had done a Blue Ribbon in Sterling Heights, they vacum pack the meat. I believe there on 191/2 Mile though call first. 90.00 for boneless and vacum pack, a little steep but worth it in my opinion.

Yes you are correct- they are on 19 1/2. I work at one of the Ford plants about a mile from them on 18 1/2 mile.

6560 19 1/2 mile
Sterling Heights, MI
(586) 731-7973

ONLY place I take mine is Blue Ribbon. Had 1 done at Butcher Boy about 8 years ago because BR was full, but would NEVER go back there ever.
I hunt with guys who us the Smoke House just S of Imlay City, but Blue Ribbon is closer to home even tho the Smoke House is on my way home from my Deer Camps.

my .02

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried Blue Ribbon in Sterling height one year only. The meatl seemed to get freezer burned too soon compared to other processors, so I'm not sure of their process or the thickness of the wrapping. I recall paying about $30 more than any other processing, and upon inspection I found that my "boneless" order was just a regular "run it through the bandsaw" processing. I've neer gone back.

In desperation I went to a private butcher in Richmond who processes out of his garage. I think he was east of 94 off 32 Mile Road. Lousy job, hair in the packaging, etc. Never there again either. Best of luck to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts