Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking a friend out on the boat this weekend to do a little fly fishing for largemouth. I want to hit Maceday/Lotus and it has been a few years since I have been out there. I am pretty familiar with the layout of the lake, but like I said it has been a few years. Can someone point me in the direction of any good weed beds or weedy flats that we can hit in the morning? Also if anyone knows how the lake has been for largemouth that would be great as well.

Tight lines....

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I am not much help with maceday but I have fly fished pontiac for bass and did pretty well right before dark. Stop in and see Ken at KD..I believe he fishes Maceday quite a bit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip on Pontiac, but I really want to get on some water that I have not fished in awhile. I have fished Pontiac alot over the years and know that it is a great lake for largemouth despite all of the pressure that it gets. I have not been in KD in awhile but I actually used to work there when I was in college. I worked there when Kelly owned it before it was sold to Ken.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I fished Maceday a couple of times a week or two ago. Found some Largemouth in a couple of areas and hooked a couple Northern...one was a tank. PM me for more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts