Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The honeymoon is over, after exactly 4500 rounds it is time for the cold hard dirty truth. The M11-A1 is a superb cool weather carry. Heck, it's also a superb range firearm. Had some very uncharacteristic extraction issues last week, till I figured out it had been +1350 rounds since I had run a bore snake or brush through the chamber. Thats the only hiccup I have experienced, and I accept full responsibility for the stupidity. I feel as confident with the M11 in my hand as with the duty sized P226, even shooting pie sized steels stretched out to 50 yards.
She won me a piece of change at a match last week, timed at 7 and 15 yards. A cumulative 200 rounds/ 88 seconds. Only 4 shots out of the CM zones. M11-A1 is definitely a keeper.

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,133 Posts
its a Sig

expect nothing less :D

·
Super Moderator
37,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a Sig

expect nothing less :D
Very valid point Mike. :coolgleam

I am thinking of getting a set of E2 grips for it so my wife can feel the love. But that may mean we would need another M11........:help:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Sounds great. The P228 I have is one that I have shot for almost 20 years and would never part with.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
My dad has one and unfortunately his stove pipes all the time. Right from the get go after a good cleaning. Grant it he was shooting cheap ammo ( it was during the ammo shortage so he bought what he could). What ammo does yours like?

I carried my 229 in AK and I love sigs. Makes it hard to decided on if I grab a sig or a 1911

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Check out the Sig Nightmare 1911 or 938. Bad ass guns

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Super Moderator
37,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dad has one and unfortunately his stove pipes all the time. Right from the get go after a good cleaning. Grant it he was shooting cheap ammo ( it was during the ammo shortage so he bought what he could). What ammo does yours like?

I carried my 229 in AK and I love sigs. Makes it hard to decided on if I grab a sig or a 1911
So far I have run a wide variety of range quality FMJ, winchester White Box, Blaser, etc., Gold Dots and Critical defense. No preference detected. it just shoots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts