Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is getting long so will start new one. Bear Creek Hunt Club has given us a good price on birds ( 76.00 per hunter 4 birds each all roosters ) with no gunner fee but we have to clean are own birds(for those that have never done it I will be glad to show/help them). We have two dates to work with Feb.15 (Sunday) or Feb. 21 (Saturday). I know some have to work Saturdays and some have family commitments on Sundays but we need to decide wich date works for the most of us. Those interested please re-post for a more updated list and with day preference. There is a real nice club house we can have lunch and if there are enough people they can have a morning and afternoon hunt. My vote is Feb 15 A.M. hunt the sooner the better.
Bear Creek has a web site http://www.bearcreekhuntclub.com/ You can see club house and get map and driving instructions.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
My vote would be for the 15th also. Am hunt if there are two hunts on same day.

But thats a bit of a drive from where I live so I'm not sure yet.

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,133 Posts
A vote here for the 21st, if theres a spot available.

The 15th might be doable, but more difficult for me.

FIJI:)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I would love to hunt again. The dog is doing better and I had a good time at the last one.

I'll be in Mexico at the end of the Feb, so anytime except then.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think I counted 20 people originally wanted a pheasant hunt but not many are picking a date. I just checked the M-S canender and the St. Joe outting is the Feb 21 and 22. I have signed to go to it so only the Feb 15 date well work for me. So I well reserve the fields for a morning hunt that well start 8.00 A.M those that would like to join are welcomed. For those that this date won't work or it's to far to travel please have a hunt that fits your schedule it's always fun to meet and share good times with people that have the same interests.

As for food I'm bring my fish fryer will due some Gary Roach coated salmon and some Cajun seasoned potatoes.

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
I would like too, but it looks like too long of a haul. Plus i am broke :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to introduce myself and add a couple of things to this thread. I am one of the owners of Bear Creek Hunt Club. We strive to make your hunt as close to wild bird hunting as we can make it. We have excellent winter cover and two farms with over 200 acres to hunt. Worm Dunker can vouch for this he has been here several times. We are about 1/12 hours from the western suburbs of Detroit. We are about 1 1/4 from the Kzoo area and about the same from the Lansing area. I hope many of you can come out on the 15th and check us out if you have any questions feel free to email me or go to the website and check us out. Wormdunker can probably answer some of your questions as well. Good luck and hope to see you all on the 15th.

Rob

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forms Rob. Yes I will vouch for his birds there real close to wild. Hold well in crp and run in the Milo but eat better than wild birds,big and fat from three square meals a day. The picture below was from my son and mine birthday hunt put out 8 birds shot five missed 4 and had one wild flush ran and flushed out of range just like a wild bird.

This picture is my youngest setter getting a ride back to the club house (I did too so did his mother) after we wore ourself out chasing these ditch parrots.

So far it looks like we're going to have a small turn out but for those that can make it be prepared to have a good time and bring extra shells my boy started with a box and only had 5 left when he got back to club house. Who says preserve birds don't fly well?

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
It looks like I will be going...might be an early start from the East Side?!! Anybody know how long it might take from I-94 & Moross Area?

WD what about $'s are we paying in advance? If so how?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I posted earlier that I would be able to hunt this trip. Other things with the family have come up so I will not be able to attend. I hope everyone has a great time.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think we need to pre-pay everybody can pay when they get there. But if somebody wants more than there 4 birds please let me know for a bird count. Also incase nobody asks you due have to have a small game licence and you will have to sign a waiver. Any of you that coming have dogs?

·
Registered
65 Posts
wormdunker - I plan on coming on the 15th in the am. I do not have a dog. You mentioned fixing lunch. Do you need me to bring anything or do you need any help. Let me know.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Michigan Birdhunter what they have done in past hunts everybody brings a dish to pass and thier own table setting then after the morning hunt we have a lunch and exchange tall tales (of coarse there always the truth except some of those start this is no sh_t any any of mine where I acutally hit a bird)!

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just got an e-mail from BearCreek we believe they can handle 20 hunters 5 in a group for a morning hunt. I also asked if he had quail so if anybody with a pup wanted to put one or two after the hunt for thier pups as of right now no quail.

So far those that said they were coming Whit, Danno, WeimGuy88, Hunt4ever,MichiganBirdhunter,Rookie, and myself.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Originally posted by Worm Dunker
So far those that said they were coming Whit, Danno, WeimGuy88, Hunt4ever,MichiganBirdhunter,Rookie, and myself.

Don't forget me!
:eek:

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry you are on list I'm such a poor speller wrote all the names on paper and shipped yours by mistake. Lets all hope it warms up some

1 - 20 of 78 Posts