Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello sportspeople !

I've come up with a banner that I'm going to be using while I'm out on this ice this winter to let other members know that I'm there. It'll also be a little advertising for the site and maybe we'll pick up a few new members. It has the Michigan-Sportsman logo on one side and I can put your name or screen name on the other. The banners are approximately 6" wide X 42" tall. They have a sleeve sewn into one side that will slide down over a 1/4" diameter rod. (I used a cheap fiberglass bike flag mast)

I'm selling them for $22 shipped anywhere in Michigan or $20 if I don't have to ship it. If you're interested, drop me an email or a PM and let me know what you'd like on the back and I can make it up for you.

I'm even gonna use this on my boat this summer I think. I know that last year I was anchored about 50 - 60 yds from two other boats that were also members here and I didn't even realize it. It's nice to be able to identify other members while you're out in the great outdoors ! Here are some pics.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a better photo of the first one I've created for eyebuster.

That is what the front and back looks like. I can do the lettering in ANY color you wish ! It doesn't really matter to me. If you decide to order one, just send me an email with your shipping address. Then I'll reply to you with my addres. I'd rather not post it pubicly on the forum. Thanks for looking !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great idea JP! Sent you a PM.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, at first I just planned on making the banners white. I didn't know how they were going to come out but they look great. On suggestion of some other members, I've decided to try a couple of colors also. The problem is that with the colored banners and the transfer paper that I'm using, the colors don't show as well. (The lettering on the orange banner is yellow with a black drop shadow but it just came out deep orange) On the yellow banner I decided to do a dark gray letter with a black drop shadow and I think it looks pretty good. If there is a demand for the colored banners, I'll pick up some transfer paper that is designed for darker fabrics and that might do the trick. I just don't want to invest too much into this project until I see how much demand there is for them. Here's a photo of the colored banners.

I personally like the yellow one the best ! I think it will stand out fairly well and looks great. Drop me a line by PM or email if you're interested. The photo doesn't look like it but the orange is almost a "hunter orange".

Thanks so much for looking.

John

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Jpollman, I have a question. How long is this banner and wide? Mext question would it be possible, don't take this wrong because your banners look great, but am wondering what the length and width would be if you put Michigan on top and Sportsman.com under it on a triangle piece of cloth like a pennant? Then on the other side Skeeter? I could fasten it to a fiberglass bike rod and put it right on my quad?? Would this be possibe? Thanks Skeeter
Michigan
Sportsman.com

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skeeter, they are made to hang vertically. (I've sewn in a pocket on one edge and the flag mast slides into it) They are approximately 6"wide and 42" tall.

I was working on a triangle shaped "pennant" for the screen name. But I was having a heck of a time getting it to work right in combination with the vertical banner. Then another member came up with the idea of just putting the screen name on the other side instead of M-S on both sides. That made sense so I decided to do it that way.

If you'd like a triangle shaped banner to slide down over one of those bike flag poles that would be easy to do. Obviously, the lettering would be smaller but I could easily do it the way you suggested. In fact, I've got a good sized piece of scrap white material that is left over from the first bunch of material that I bought. I didn't think it through first before cutting and ended up with a little bit of waste. Let me play around with it a bit and get back to you.

Thanks.

John

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I visualize about 2 ft max, what do you think? If you can do something like that I am putting in an order! Figure it out and email me when ever you get it done. Thanks and appreciate it! Skeeter

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's too bad that there's no way to put white lettering with a black border on the orange material, That would definitely stand out very well.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skeeter,

here's what I've come up with :

It is about 18" from top to bottom and about 22" long. It has a pocket for the flag pole to slid in to. You'll just have to come up with a way to fasten it so it won't fly off.

If you like it and want it, drop me a line with your address and I'll get it out to you.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
John, just what the doc ordered! I will put some glue on the pole and slide it into the pole and bingo all set to fly. Let me know what that damage is and I will send it out. Thanks Skeeter

PS, shes making ice in MI won't be long and I will be flying it on Saginaw Bay!

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
jpollman

What would the damage be for the flag like you made for Skeeter...I think I would prefer the smaller one so I can attach it somehow to the Shanty...

Don't make it yet...let me know the price, and I will try to figure out a way to attach it to my Shappell 3000.

Thanks

Lee

I can tell already, Jp is gonna be REAL busy for the next few months LOL

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Tralfndr, I really like the pennant style better, its smaller and I carry so much stuff anyway anything I get I like to keep small. For the guy that does not carry much the banner style would be great and it looks good. This way I can attach it to the back of my quad and leave it there. It just fits my needs so much better. Glad we have someone in the group that that is willing to take on the task of making them up, soon as they take off it will be another full time job for awhile! lolol

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lee,

I could probably come up with a smaller pennant style like the one I made for Skeeter for about $15. Doesn't really matter to me which style. They're both fairly easy to make.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi folks.

I've done up a few of the banners and they're coming out pretty well I think. At first I had just planned on doing the vertical "banner" type but there has been some interest in a "pennant" style like the one I did for Skeeter. The one I did for him was a little larger and worked out ok but I think I'm going to scale it back just a little. What I've come up with is about 15" high and 18" long. They are going to end up costing the same as the vertical banners. ($22 shipped anywhere in Michigan and $20 if I don't have to ship it)

If you'd like to order one, just send me a PM or email and specify banner style (banner or pennant), fabric color, text color (for logo and screen name if you want them different), and what you want on the back. Most are using their screen names so they'll be easily recognized.
When it comes to the text color I can do just about anything you'd like on the white banner cloth. I'm a little limited in color choices though for the colored fabrics. I'll try to get a transfer that shows colors better on colored fabric. I'll let you know if that works out.
Also include your shipping address. I'll respond with the payment address by PM or email.

Thank you so much for the interest. I've already completed several of them in different colors and they all look great.

Looking forward to seeing lots of them flying over the shanties and boats in the future ! ;)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I want to find that big shanty Gus built. Like to check that one out closer. Put your pennant up Gus I will be watching. I would even take a ride to the lake just to see the shanty and not fish. (I promise not to give your secret fishing spot away) Skeeter

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've made up eight of these so far. They've all come out looking great ! If you want one, drop me a line and I'll make it up and get it right out.

Thanks to all that have purchased already.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I received my MS pennant Jpollman made. Really looks nice. I am proud of it. Have to get a fiberglass rod and fasten it now. You all will like these. Now all you have to do is find me..... lolol Stop in if you do! Skeeter

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If anybody coming to the outing Sunday at Stoney would like one, let me know soon and I can make it up tonight or tomorrow and bring it with me. It'll save you a couple of bucks on shipping.

Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts