Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Luna Pier today, took forever to get our 3 person limit... water was really cloudy got on the lake around 7 had our first fish at 735 the next two came shortly after then it shut right down.... we stuck the net down in the water to see how muddy the water was and you couldnt even see the othe side of the metal on the net opening..... If you can stay out of the muddy water you might be able to do ok... we finally got our limit but the last fish came in the boat at 4pm and we were on our when in when we caught him.... was getting kind of rough out there... didnt sound like anyone was doing real great on the radio and we didnt see anyone else catch a fish while we were out there..... good luck and stay safe.
-Craig

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
we jigged last night out of luna pier, fishing was slower...took 26 eyes total...24 on jigs, 2 on blades....looking like the jig bite is winding down...fished for about 2.5 hours until dark-thirty

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Guys got a question for you going to be fishing luna pieer sat, should I troll or jig and how far out should I go what depth? never fished the lakr this early in the year, same baits as summer? any help would be great

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
PowerTrip said:
Guys got a question for you going to be fishing luna pieer sat, should I troll or jig and how far out should I go what depth? never fished the lakr this early in the year, same baits as summer? any help would be great
You going in the morning. I was tossing around heading down there in the eve. This early I always do well on bomber long A and raps trolled slow. Will even put down a harness or two, if the body baits don't work. I always fish a spot in Brest Bay 10-15fow to start.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Michigan Waters Of Lake Erie-
1002 Am Edt Fri May 4 2007

...small Craft Advisory Remains In Effect Until 8 Pm Edt This
Evening...

.rest Of Today...east Winds 15 To 20 Knots...increasing To 20 To
25 Knots. Mostly Sunny. Waves 3 To 5 Feet.
.tonight...east Winds 15 To 20 Knots...diminishing To 10 To 15 Knots
After Midnight. Partly Cloudy. Waves 2 To 4 Feet...subsiding
To 1 To 3 Feet Late At Night.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am heading there tomorow morning but it has been a few years since I have been there. Can anybody help me with where I can get bait and directions to the launch. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Doesn't look good for the weekend. Let's hope they're wrong.

OPEN LAKE FORECAST FOR LAKE ERIE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH
300 PM EDT FRI MAY 4 2007
LAKE ERIE FORECAST BEYOND FIVE NAUTICAL MILES FROM SHORE

SYNOPSIS
THE LARGE AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE AVERAGING 30.30 INCHES
THAT HAS BEEN IN PLACE ACROSS LAKE ERIE SINCE WEDNESDAY WILL MOVE
EASTWARD TONIGHT AND INTO QUEBEC SATURDAY. MEANWHILE A WEAK
TROUGH AVERAGING 29.90 INCHES WILL MOVE UP THE OHIO VALLEY AND
STAY JUST SOUTH OF LAKE ERIE SATURDAY MORNING. FOLLOWING THE
TROUGH...THE HIGH WILL REESTABLISH ITSELF ACROSS LAKE ERIE ON
SUNDAY AND REMAIN OVER THE LAKE THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

TONIGHT
EAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 10 TO
20 KNOTS. CHANCE OF SHOWERS LATE. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST AND
INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KNOTS. CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET
BUILDING TO 4 TO 6 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING EAST.
WAVES 4 TO 6 FEET BUILDING TO 5 TO 7 FEET.

SUNDAY
EAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST. WAVES
5 TO 7 FEET SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 6 FEET.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Be careful out there this weekend guys, it's not looking good. I just cancelled my trips for Saturday and Sunday. Of course, that means it will now be smooth as glass.

The boat ramp and marina is off Harold Street in Luna Pier. Take Harold South off the main road, and it will dead end at the public ramp. The Luna Pier Harbor Club will be on your left before it dead ends. I believe he opens at 0600hrs.

Captain jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts