Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not sure about anything in Manistee but the Ludington offshore classic went on the last week. Heard of a few close to that range. I do know the fishing was more miss than hit for those who didn't make a long run. Hammbone seemed to pull it together after an early morning move though. Saw a lot of 5 gallon buckets walking to the weigh in this weekend though, instead of coolers.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was there for the weigh ins, big fish for the most part were scarce. Many boats may have had one or two nice kings, but few had more than that. Alot of Lakers and juvenile salmon were weighed. Way fewer limit catches than limits weighed. Big king was 29.
Incidentally, a 31.40lb king was weighed at captain chucks Saturday. The guy was jigging at the pier heads and hooked some line and proceeded to hand line that big king to the boat. What a fish story, I was there when he weighed it and heard his story direct.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Just finished up 6 days of tournament fishing up there. We had some nice catches and some weak ones. Fish are moving and where they are one day, they are quite likely not there the next. We did take fish over 20# every day but Saturday. One was 27, which took big fish in the Big Boys, a 25 a couple right around 24 a couple around 22 and a couple about 20.5. We pulled in a 25, a 23 and a 20 yesterday, to take 3rd in the 333. Getting trout to cooperate on Saturday, along with losing too many salmon was our undoing for the weekend. We did well early in the week up off Manistee, but that got tough and the guys fishing south seemed to fare better over the weekend. Heard of a lot of fish taken right in front of the piers as well. We caught fish in 34' of water, all the way out over 300. The 29.15 caught yesterday was caught about 150 yards off our port bow, they let out a pretty good warhoop.

Water Tire Vertebrate Wheel Cloud
Shorts Window Tree Fish Cloud

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Saw the three fish on fb yesterday and said damn that is a nice brown

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sag bay rats made it over to Ludville for some silver action today. Didn't get many but got some tanks and a nice steelhead. Ran into that Pete guy and he and his kids outfished us again. Great anniversary trip thank you so much to capt Bob and Christie on the vessel Fine Hours.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
I just set rods fun night finally got my daughter out!
Water Sky Boat Goggles Sunglasses

Water Sky Vertebrate Fisherman Smile

Water Sky Vertebrate Boat Fisherman

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

21 - 40 of 52 Posts