Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I gave it a go but couldn't locate any willing fish. Fished north nw twelve miles in 120' out to 400'+.
I was told it had been mainly a spoon bite, so primarily fished riggers deep and mag dipseys.

Had some core out and even tried a meat rig.

Beautiful weekend on the water and it was a great time, just no fish. Gonna give it a few weeks and try it again.

Started the trip off with truck issues to make the trip more entertaining. $1000 and no fishes.
Can't catchem on the couch!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Water Sky Casting (fishing) Vertebrate Shorts

My grandson and I fished north of Big Sable Light last night and went 3 for 3 on plus 20 pounders biggest 23 on the nose. Couldn’t keepthe little
two pounders off our riggers. The 3 big fish hit a 6 color over 115 fow. Lemon Ice non magnum spoon.
There were zero boats off the bathhouse and few fish. With the SW wind and 2.4 mph on a north troll we stumbled into a massive school north of the light in 115 to 85 fow.
could have caught more but fog dark and constant shaker hits tired me out so we quit early.

·
Registered
47 Posts
First trip to Ludington this year, I hope to get there 2 or 3 more times. Fished Saturday AM. Went 1 for 2, a 5lb king on a 3 color lead core with an orange spoon. The fish we lost gave us a big rip and eventually broke the lead core after a minute. That was on a 5 color with an orange spoon also. They were not magnum spoons but the next size down. Fished 2.6-3.0 mph in 95-110 fow. Had 1 down rigger pop but I’m not sure it will as a fish. The fish we caught had 3 alewives and a smelt in its stomach.

I know I appreciate any help I can get so just trying to help those of us who can make the run over only a handful of times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Premium Member
13,605 Posts
Thursday looks like the next comfortable fishing day. The water temp had turned cold and the fish on the point seem to scatter. The water has now warmed up due to south winds. We have a couple three days of north wind coming so the lake temps will turn colder. It's hard to say where the fish will be later in the week. Many of the charters were fishing straight out and south when the last cold water event happened. They got a few fish, including lakers but I didn't hear of any outstanding catches.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I may run up to Manistee instead to avoid the crowds. Never been out of there. Is the launch closest to the lake free with the passport or pay the kiosk like Ludington? Steve

1 - 20 of 52 Posts