Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm planning a trip up north for this weekend. I plan on stopping out on the pier fri. night. I also would like to take my kayak out onto Hamlin Lake Sat, maybe early Sun. morning. I've fished neither spot before, but I've got some good ideas about the pier. Any tips that you can offer, mostly for Hamlin, but for either will be greatly appreciated. The biggest thing I need to know about Hamlin is where the easiest place would be to launch my Kayak on the southern side of the lake. I have some good maps, but I haven't noticed any launches. Is it all residential? I see the western side is mostly dunes. Anyways, don't want to ramble on a whole story. I appreciate any help you can give.

G:fish:
P.S. Better mention this - I'm fishing for any/all species.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't know of a launch on the south end of the lake. You could put in at the state park it is a big bay that would be easy to kayak around and fish. I would also look at upper Hamlin. There is 2 launches, Wilson Hill is one of them, there that would be easy to through in there and the fishing is good. Normaly upper is more protected and calmer water.

Cy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts