Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on headed out in the AM since the wind finally looks favorable. Did pretty well recently in New Buffalo and St . Joe for coho and wondering if anyone has been getting any browns or lakers in Ludington ? Taking a friend on his first lake Michigan trolling excursion and would like to get him into something bigger than a spring coho. Appreciate any intel and I'll return the favor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would start out just south of the peir heads in 20 to 40 ft of water. They will be there mostly lakers but there are straggling kings hanging out I’m sure! Good luck to you be up there myself in a week

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Planning on headed out in the AM since the wind finally looks favorable. Did pretty well recently in New Buffalo and St . Joe for coho and wondering if anyone has been getting any browns or lakers in Ludington ? Taking a friend on his first lake Michigan trolling excursion and would like to get him into something bigger than a spring coho. Appreciate any intel and I'll return the favor.
I’ve been fishing the beach and piers with no luck. Have seen zero boats on the lake but it’s been windy. A lot of pike and walleye around and some steelhead. With this warm weather and rain things should improve dramatically soon. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Hope you did well. We're going to be up there in May for a week of fishing. I wonder what PM lake is like this time of year? Jigging for lakers or trolling for "whatever"? I also like fishing Hamlin up by the State Park. Its a good multi-species lake and we did pretty well on it last year in June. Post a report of how you did if you get a moment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trolled the pier heads and beach from 5 -40 for of water without hit . Conditions looked perfect for browns with a nice river plume pushed to the north and stained water about 4° warmer than the rest. Trolled from 7 am - 11 with a variety of stickbaits, thin fins and spoons. Saw about a dozen other boats working that general area and never seen a net go overboard. Beautiful morning on the lake nonetheless !

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts