Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there does not seem to be any mention of a ludington outing for this year so i figured i would throw up a reminder. see if it takes off or not. it should though, considering last year there was 2.:eek: :D :p

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'm game. Just say when and where.

Lands Inn again? Actually I dont think it is called that anymore I think they changed the name but I cant think of what.

deerhunter08 and Mitch,
I owe you guys remember.

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Bump, if there is some interest i will call around and get some rates. These outings are always a great time, and i will put it together if there is interest. How about the 9th and 10th of April? Should be lots of fish around at that point.

First outing i ever attended was the Spring Steelhead outing back in 2002. And it was a riot. Lets see if we can continue it this year.

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
the 9th and 10th of April is easter weekend...not sure if ya know that...Also if you call the Lands Inn (Ramada) and tell them what their competitor offers you I would be will to bet they'd beat it. I can't tie myself down to a date but if it ends up being a weekend I can make it I will see you there!

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
The thing about Lands Inn, now called the Ramada Inn as someone mentioned, is that it's self contained. No one has to drive after a night out ingesting some "pops". For me it doesn't matter, I don't drink (Whit and ethyl alcohol ain't a good combo.....I take in far too much alcohol and try to smooch n' cooosh with ethyl)

Wherever you go I'll keep an eye on the thread. Easter Weekend isn't a good choice for me at all........impossible actually.

Some possibilities:
Newaygo: This would limit the group to the Muskegon R., which is boat water and the White R. where there are limited acess points

Ludington: The White (a drive, but doable), the PM, The Little Manistee and the Big Manistee (a drive, but doable). The Big M.

Manistee: The Big and Little Manistee as well as the Betsie and PM (Drives, both of them, but doable)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Newaygo wouldn't be bad. You're within about an hour of the Muskegon, White, PM, Rogue & Grand.

Another cool thought would be Baldwin. Some buddies & I rented a couple of those cabins for a weekend right on the river and man was that sweet! I can't remember what we paid, but it wasn't all that much. I think the ones we were in could sleep something like (10) people.

You could also have a camping outting. There are a few different camp ground locations, just not sure if they would be open yet or not?

Anyway, just food for thought.

nymph

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
We need to do a quick poll to see where we want to do this(Ludington,Manistee,Newago,ect). I personally think Ludington is a good place to have this outing. Its centrally located between both ares suggested and is driveable to both area's river systems.

As for a date I suggest the weekend's of 4/2 or 4/16. What do you think?

Quest32a,
What places have you checked on so far? I would be more than happy to help out on this. Give me an idea on where and what places you have tryed and I will see if I can check on some others for ya.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts