Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am taking my wife and son on a salmon charter next weekend for their birthdays up in Ludington. I'll be towing my little camper up and wonder if there are some nearby spots on Fed or state land that I can park it. I'm not one for the organized campgrounds. Any reccomendations would be really appreciated!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well if you can't find a site at the State campground, try the campgrounds in Pentwater, there's a couple of campgrounds just north of town plus Mears State Park. It's only about 8-10 Miles south of Ludington and a pretty cool town. I was just in Ludington last weekend and it's pretty packed with the salmon running. Good luck fishing, that's a great present. We were on Raptor with Capt. Glenn and had a riot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is a little county park on the north side of the pumped storage.....I have no clue of the name though, sorry. If you want more rustic go up toward Manistee and stay on the lake in the National Forrest area's. They are west of US 31 between Scottville and Manistee.

You should be able to do a search of rustic campgrounds and find a few more around the area.

I'm pretty sure you WILL NOT find a campsite in the State campground in Ludington or Mears!!!! They are always at capacity!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts