Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a tough go of it today. The temp and fish were all over up and down the water table. We went 3 for 4 with all fish comming on white fishcatchers and green flies 150 to 200 ft back on dipsies set on 3. The riggers took nothing. The first king went 24lbs the second 22lbs and our last fish was a 8lb coho. Good fishing!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was out there today too. I took uniborn (another site member) out. We fished the point north of Ludington. We went 3 for 7. Biggest fish was just under 22lbs. The other two went about 10lbs each. The bite was hot at first light but it turned off fast. The biggest king hit a silver j-plug down 110 feet in about 190 fow. The other two came on spoons in 114 fow down 55 and 65 on the riggers. The surface temp was 71. We got to the ramp by 5am and it was already a zoo up there.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/photopost/data/531/3768100_0350.JPG

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya Steve J we launched at 4:45am and a line was allready forming on the street!We fished around the bath house with no results. We heard on the radio some boats were doing good at the point but I just could'nt bring myself to fish in that huge pack of boats. So after a couple off hours of nothing we picked up and went out to a waypoint I had from 2 weeks earlyer and cought the 3 fish. Good fishin!

·
Registered
229 Posts
We got the two 10 pounders right off the bath house in 114 fow. We had several other releases right at that same waypoint on my gps. Kevorkian glow DW was hot. Blue whale was good before it got real sunny. Then we headed deeper and more off the point when we picked up the bigger fish on a j-plug. We moved out because the pack was getting too big. I had some other gps locations from a freind of mine to try once ther bite ended at the point but they were in 500 fow and it was too rough for me to got out that far in my 18'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts