Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Ludington this morning with Rutstoper and Big Shooter. Thanks again guys, I learned alot.:) We started in about 50' and worked to about 90' we ended up 5/7, 4 kings and a laker.:fish: Spin doctors and flies seem to be the ticket, although we did get 2 on spoons. lead core got 2, 2 on dipsy divers and the other came off a rigger. nice day of fishing even with the 2-4 ft waves.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It was a pleasure having two good fisherman that could handle the boat in tough conditions.There were plenty of 5 footers with a six footer mixed in.Sat morn started on the wrong foot when at 4:30 am, Itry(Roy)and I are waiting to meet Rutstopper(Todd). Todd had a flat and had to change a tire and would be late.:( But when his spare went flat after the change, Roy and I went out with the Idea of trolling around out front til Todd got there and we would pull lines and pick him up at the dock. We had trolled for about 20 mins when a rigger with a moonshine bloody nose took a rip. Roy was fighting that fish when a full core with a green ladderback J took a rip. Double on :dizzy:. Fighting the fish, the waves, and steering the boat was tough, but we landed both fish.Todd called just after that so we pulled lines.After getting set back up the hot early bite had cooled off and we caught two more kings and a laker. It stayed rough so Todd and I stayed in close to the same area sat eve and managed two kings and a steelehead. Dipsies on 3 150 back with spin doc' and flies and full cores with J's took all the fish. Sunday it layed down and we went to the point to do some combat fishing:dizzy:We landed two nice king's and broke off two and had 3 or 4 releases with no one home.It was great fishin with both you guy's and your both welcome on my boat any time. Good fishin!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks again BigShooter, I had a great time. Roy it was real nice meeting you. A couple great hardcore fisherman. Other than all the bad luck saturday morning starting at 2:30 am with the first flat:rant: then the second:dizzy: it was a great trip. I will post the pics tommorrow left the camera at the house. We will definately being hooking up in the future. Tight Lines

1 - 3 of 3 Posts