Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished north at the point and the morning bite was on fire but the boat traffic was horrible. People yelling at each other boats trying to go east west it was crazy. From 5:30 to 6:30 it didn't matter what you had in the water or where you had it went. If you was lucky to get five or six rods in the water to start the next thing all would have fish on. Many boats boxed out early with nice fish. We managed to catch 14 fish and lost as many. We
got caught in a pack of boat and turned around to troll back south to get away from them this killed our morning bite. North troll was the ticket but boats pinching in from outside and inside was no fun. Anyway the last four days fishing has been great. Good Fishin.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,844 Posts
Excellent! Sounds like an awesome time over there. The walleye thing is getting old, thinking silver soon!:D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention a 25.4 lb Lake Trout was weighed in at Capt. Chucks yesterday. It was caught on the 5th in the evening and sat in the cooler all night before being weighed in.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Fished north at the point and the morning bite was on fire but the boat traffic was horrible. People yelling at each other boats trying to go east west it was crazy.
I know it...and it is scarey. If it is this bad already, I can't even imagine how bad August will be. I sure hope that the Huron fishery rebounds fast so more people will stay over there to fish.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Nice job on the fish. No need to go north of the point and fight the mob. Lots of fish back to the south of it. Took 43 fish the last three days. Spoons and meat were hot for us. Wook got that big laker, im sure youll see some pics of it on here when he gets home. Ill put up a report and pics when i get my pics uploaded.

·
Premium Member
29,844 Posts
Nice Adam, looking forward to your report:) You fishing between point and pier, or you mean south of pier? Looking at trying to find a ride that way in a week or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts