Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got into town around 3:30PM on Friday. Flag was barely moving which was nice for a change. Myself and a few of my dockmates decided to spread out and see who could find the most action. We went North and we should have went South. Sounded like it was an all out Mai Lai down there.....and their coolers showed it at the end of the night. We got into a few fish North working the 100-140FOW line. Moonshine Dancing Anchovy RV on a 300 copper continues to steal the show. Green Bumble Bee on the 200 copper, custom orange spoons on short cores for Steel and Moonshine Mongolian Beef RV and Crabface on the riggers down 70-90. Finished Friday night at 7 for 9. Released a few small Kings and some Steelhead. 2.5-2.8 on the GPS....direction didn't matter.

Had some friends come into town to fish Saturday evening. Sounded like the fishing was good in the morning. Left the dock at 4:30PM and headed South. Sat down in 120 and started trolling West. Got to 160 and started making a turn South when the 300 copper with the RV Dancing Anchovy started singing. Nice King about 12lbs. Continued to zig zag on a SSE heading with a steady pick. 150, 200, 300 coppers were taking hits as well as the 2 and 4 color rods. Took some nice Kings up high on the short cores. Had two separate thermos going while out deep.....10-40 down and 80-120 down. Once we got into about 140FOW the upper thermo vanished. Had several doubles including one while we were pulling rods after dark. Finished 14 for 18 with 2 Steelhead, 2 Lakers, and 10 Kings. Had quite a few drive buys....I counted something like 24 bites overall. 2.8-2.9 seemed to draw more strikes as the night went on. It was never hot and heavy but very consistent. Some great sky color with calm seas and steady action......tough to beat.

Here's the highlight reel.

The wife with a post spawn bullet.

Nice short stocky King.

Steelhead release.

Joe with a nice King.

Sue's first Lake Michigan King and the biggest of the night.

Joe and Sue on a double.

Ladies on a double while pulling rods.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
What about the morning bite???:D
Great post and pics once again Tony!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was out sat morning with my wife and three young boys. Only had a couple hours to fish since my six year old has less patience than my three year old. Anyways, we went 1 for 4 and my two boys were able to try their hands at a double only to come out defeated by two acrobatic bullets. The six yr old was devastated, but my 8 yr old was pumped. We ended up landing one small steelie on a bloody nose behind a dipsey. I was wondering if you knew what the sets of bouys were almost straight out, maybe a little south of pier heads were? Were the nets? It was only in about 100 fow. I was told it had to be deeper. Any thoughts? I also found a set down in front of the projects. Thanks for your thoughts.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Great report Wook. Good to see fish being caught. Headed up to Evart on Saturday and hoping to get out of Ludington a few times over the 4th week.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Great job Tony. I appreciate your reports. How far south did you go? Amazing the difference a week makes. We were there the prior weekend for a 3 day trip. Storms only allowed us to get out twice in that period and the fishing was poor at best.

One of these weekends we will hit it when its hot again.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Straight out and just a touch South. I could see the nets in my binos and we seemed to be at the North end of the pack most of the night. I forgot to add that divers were and have been dead for us. I mixed it up quite a bit too. Blue Bubble, Mtn Dew, Dark Green, Chrome Green Spinnes with multiple fly combos and couldn't get them to fire. I ran the wire anywhere from 130-220 back and the highs 100-125. I will get them to fire.....guess I need to start sending the meat rigs down with them.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Wook,

I dont know what you guys use to take your pictures with but they are awesome. That is great that you can put good friends on great fish like that. Sure was great weather. Great job and keep up the honest and good reports.

Thanks,

Grizzly

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Nice job tony. I agree, you and your camera take nice pics ;) I picked up the rv anchovy and rv flounder pounder today, hope they prove well up here too...warriors new uv spoons have neen taking fish for us

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anyone else have trouble seeing the pics? I just see boxes with red "x's" in them, and nothing happens when I click on the x's. any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great report. Mirrors about we did Saturday am. Went 17 for 20ish. Saturday was a beautiful day to be out there

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts